hotel or B&B In Rouen

Search

hotel or B&B In Rouen

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18th, 2004, 01:13 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hotel or B&B In Rouen

We will be spending two nights in Rouen in early October. We would like something moderate, maybe $100, but we are flexable. We will not have a car so we want something near the central city. Any suggestions? Thanks
Old Jul 18th, 2004, 01:20 PM

What do you plan to do in Rouen? DO you plan on spending all of your time in the city or in other cities/places?
Old Jul 18th, 2004, 04:26 PM
Original Poster

We are flying into Paris and taking the train to Rouen. We will pick up a car the third day and travel to Brittany. To answer your question I thought that spending the day seeing the city would be lovely for the day after flying.
Old Jul 18th, 2004, 07:26 PM

Two years ag, I stayed at Hotel Dieppe in Rouen old Town centre for few nights.

The hotel is Best Western Chain,but nice and clean; right across the train station,within 5-10 minutes walk to most major museums and churches, good and reasonable restaurant. I paid around 60 Euro per night,booked through www.laterooms.com.
Old Jul 20th, 2004, 07:16 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
A few years ago, we stayed at the Frantour hotel (French hotel chain) near the Jeanne d'Arc square. From there it was a short walk to the cathedral and other sites in old Rouen. We picked up a walking tour map at the hotel.

I don't remember the exact cost of our hotel room, but I remember it was a deal and it was probably much less than $100. There was no charm factor (think Holiday Inn), but the rate did include a fairly nice breakfast. The location was perfect.
Old Jul 22nd, 2004, 04:36 AM
tmh

This past June, we also took the train from Paris to Rouen for 2 days. We walked from the station to Hotel de la Cathedrale. It was 59 euros with breakfast buffet (very good too) for an additional 7,50/person.

We walked the town and saw the museum, the churches, and had lingering lunches. We were also fortunate to find a concert being played in one of the Churches and attended it. We had no knwledge of it - saw an annct. posted to in the Cathedrale.

We enjoyed the location, the courteous help and the room. See their website for more details.

http://www.cathedrale-hotel.com/
Old Jul 22nd, 2004, 06:00 AM

I stayed at the Mercure Rouen center one block from the Cathedrale and the pedestrian street Rue Horloge. I enjoyed the ceramics museum there was an exibition of Marco Ville's work an interesting contrast of the old and new. The Route De Abbayes is a nice drive along the Seine the abbaye De Jumieges was my favorite stop on the drive. Giverney is also an easy drive from Rouen.