Search

Rome to Athens

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6th, 2000, 01:48 PM
Jose Luis Flores

Rome to Athens

Can anyone advice me on what would be the most practical way to travel from Rome to Athens? I dont want to spend a fortune on air tickets but I dont want either to travel for a whole day. What are the options?

Old Dec 6th, 2000, 09:22 PM
April

Those were the only options given to us when we were in Athens. In the end, unfortunately, we did neither.

Old Jan 2nd, 2001, 09:19 AM
JG

I took a plane from Rome to Athens on Olympia airlines, and it wasn't too much money. I would check on flights from Rome to Athens on Olympia for special deals, etc. I went during a pretty non-touristy time, so maybe that makes a difference. <BR> <BR>geocities.com/j_goyette/t.html

Old May 17th, 2002, 04:18 PM
Courtney

We are also trying to get from Rome to Athens for an extended honeymoon. I am having a hard time finding agents who will book a vacation incorporating both.<BR>So, I'm trying to do so on my own. How much $ was the flight between Rome and Athens? (We're going in July) and is there a ferry option? If so, how long and how much?<BR>Thank you, am in a time crunch so all replies appreciated.

Old May 21st, 2002, 03:17 PM
el

I'm flying from Rome to Mykonos on Olympic Air this June. I paid $230 roundtrip. Hope this helps

Old May 21st, 2002, 03:26 PM
Rex

The website www.europebyair.com shows fares for $99 USD (oneway) between Rome and Athens. Naples-Athens and Venice-Athens are also offered.<BR><BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex<BR>

Old May 24th, 2002, 09:18 AM
Sharon

I am also traveling to Athens from Rome this summer. Does anyone know if there is a train to Barre or Brindisi from Rome to take the ferry to Greece? Any idea of cost for the train and/or the ferry? If I rented a car in Rome to drive to the ferry would that seem like a reasonable option or are one way drop off fees for the car too high?

Old May 24th, 2002, 10:03 AM
ed

as suggested, Europebyair works real nice for $99 each way, one way segments.

Old May 24th, 2002, 10:06 AM
Wendy

3 yrs ago I flew from Rome to Athens on AirItalia for $160 round trip. My travel agent booked it for me as I normally use the web and I couldn't book out of country flights. I think it was about 1 1/2 hrs. Very quick vs. the 24 hour ferry! ick!

Old May 24th, 2002, 04:59 PM

topping<BR>