Search

Rome taxi fares

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6th, 2014, 06:46 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rome taxi fares

Would anybody have an estimate on fares from Fiumicino airport to the Pantheon? I guess what I am asking is, it cheaper to pay for hotel pickup or taxi ?
Old Feb 6th, 2014, 06:51 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
It's a fixed taxi fare from FCO to the city center. I think it's currently 48 euros.
Old Feb 6th, 2014, 06:52 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
We got a cab last year to the airport from central Rome, that cost around €40.
Old Feb 6th, 2014, 07:28 AM

The fixed fare is €48, but there are some private transfer companies who will do it for less than that, depending on time of day and number of people. One service that I've been very happy with is www.romeshuttlelimousine.com . They're not a shuttle service, but a private transfer company. The driver will meet you in the arrivals hall bearing a sign with your name on it. The charge, the last I heard, was €40 for up to three people and their luggage, with a surcharge for very early or very late pickups, and maybe also for holidays. www.romecabs.com is also very highly praised, but costs more. There are probably others; I would only recommend that you avoid services that want to be paid in advance. Payment should be made when you get to your destination.
Old Feb 6th, 2014, 07:31 AM

If you decide to get a taxi, make sure it's a Rome taxi, not a Fiumicino taxi, because they charge considerably more than the fixed fare for Rome taxis. Also, make sure you're in the official taxi queue. Don't accept offers of rides from anyone who approaches you in the airport. A friend of mine was ripped off for €100 by someone who asked her if she needed a taxi.

The official Rome taxis have the seal of the city of Rome on the door, as well as a summary of the fares, and the fixed fares to the airports.
Old Feb 6th, 2014, 07:34 AM

There is nothing to estimate. The price for one (legitimate) taxi is fixed at 48€ to inside the Aurelian Walls (Pantheon is inside). http://www.adr.it/web/aeroporti-di-r...-/pax-fco-taxi. Whether cheaper or not depends on which Hotel. What they usually do, if at all, is to send a shuttle service they are relationship with. Some are slightly to significantly higher. Shuttle service with a van makes sense if you are a party of more than 4 with lot of luggage. You could just as well arrange this on your own if this is the case.
Old Feb 6th, 2014, 01:39 PM
Original Poster

I AM LOVING YOU PEOPLE!!! Thanks so much for the info.