Search

Rome Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22nd, 2002, 02:19 PM
J

Rome Hotels

Looking for hotel recommendations for Rome in the $200 - $300 Euro/dollar range. I've been told that the Spanish Steps and Via Veneto are great locations but not sure...any suggestions?

Old Jul 23rd, 2002, 04:41 AM
elaine

Hi<BR>If you do a search here on Rome hotel you will find many many suggestions in all price ranges.<BR>Also look elsewhere on this Fodors website under the Fodors hotel listings for Rome, and for many of the hotels you will see "rants and raves" comments from past hotel guests.

Old Jul 23rd, 2002, 06:44 AM
Marianna

Hi there,<BR>I live and work in Rome so know the city very well. If you (or anyone) would like to email me direct at [email protected] I would be more than happy to forward you some of my recommendations within your price range. The hotels I prefer are all located in the historical centre with easy access to all the main sites, great restaurants, wine bars and gelaterias as well as the shoppping areas.<BR>Regards<BR>Marianna

Old Jul 23rd, 2002, 06:58 AM
Rex

See numerous postings here, recent and in years past about www.venere.com<BR><BR>Click on their map in an area bounded by Piazza Navona, Trevi Fountain and Piazza del Popolo - - with the Pantheon roughly at the center.<BR><BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex<BR>

Old Jul 23rd, 2002, 12:38 PM
alice

Try www.casahoward.com<BR><BR>I stayed there on my Honeymoon and really liked it. It’s 2 blocks from the Spanish Steps, and about 4 from Trevi Fountain. <BR><BR>- Alice

Old Jul 23rd, 2002, 12:49 PM
JB

J,<BR><BR>We stayed at the Hotel La Residenza one block off the Via Veneto (22 via emilia) and really enjoyed it. I think it was a little less expensive, but it was quite nice.<BR><BR>It apparently is rated on this site, so you might want to check it out.<BR><BR>Have a wonderful time!<BR><BR>JB

Old Jul 23rd, 2002, 01:27 PM
Book Chick

Another vote for Casa Howard! Two wonderful weeks spent there in Rome really made my vacation a delight.<BR><BR>In the event they're booked, try the Hotel Parlamento nearby.<BR><BR>Buon Viaggio,<BR>BC

Old Jul 23rd, 2002, 01:36 PM
Anna

My husband and I stayed at the Albergo del Senato in May. We had a lovely room that overlooked the Pantheon. It was easy making reservations using their online form, we paid 240 Euro.<BR><BR>http://www.albergodelsenato.it/index.htm

Old Jul 23rd, 2002, 01:42 PM
Marty

We just returned from Rome and stayed at the Hotel Genio which is about 1 block off the Piazza Navona on Zanardelli. The location was great. The room was small, but very nicely done with a nice bathroom. It included a buffet breakfast. There is a terrace on the top floor which was very nice at night. I'm not sure about the cost, because they were running a summer special for Euro 140 which was an incredible deal for a 4 star hotel.

Old Jul 24th, 2002, 07:34 PM
topper

ttt<BR>

Old Jul 24th, 2002, 08:29 PM
melissa

Casa Howard is awful. There was a sewer smell in our room and they wouldn't change us or give us a discount.