Search

Where to stay in Rome.

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7th, 2004, 11:20 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where to stay in Rome.

Hi everyone,

My husband, daugther, and I plan on visiting Rome for 2-3 days. Where do you recommend we stay, and is getting around in Rome easy.
Thanks,
JC
Old Apr 7th, 2004, 11:27 AM

As suggested by Elaine on your thread re Florence,
http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...p;tid=34488072
you really need to do a bit of homework yourself, and then let us know some specifics about what you'd like to spend and what sort of room(s) ammenities you require.

"Do a search for hotels at venere.it, also here at fodors (click at the top of this screen on Hotels.)

Once you find some likely candidates, look for comments by searching on this forum for the hotels each by name, and also look at www.tripadvisor.com....

If you'd like more recommendations right here, please indicate what you'd like to pay per night, and do you want one room or two?"
Old Apr 7th, 2004, 11:30 AM
LJ

I second the previous advice. However, getting around in Rome is very easy. Do take the time to figure out the bus and metro/subway system and you will find that helpful. Much can be seen on foot, but it is nice to buy a day bus pass and hop on and off at your whim.
Old Apr 7th, 2004, 12:38 PM
rex

But without knowing anything else, it is not too difficult to recommend the Centro Storico, especially near the Pantheon (first choice), Piazza Navona (close second choice) or near Trevi/Spanish Steps (close third choice). A map that "defines" these areas can be seen at www.venere.com/it/roma - - and this is a perfectly good place to browse, price, check availability, book or cancel. Sometimes, there are better rates available directly from a member hotel (of which there are something like 500? or 800?)

Best wishes,

Rex
Old Apr 7th, 2004, 12:54 PM

mopjcp,
When i go back to rome, I always stay at the Hotel Parlamento..It is a nice, family style, perfect location and is very reasonable.

I was there last summer with my daughter and young grandson, we had a large triple room .

The hotel is off Via Del Corso, close to Rome Rinascente, a major shop in Rome.. Minutes away from Trevi, Piazza Navona, Piazza Venezia etc..

Their e-mail is [email protected]

Old Apr 7th, 2004, 01:06 PM

We have stayed at the Hotel Cesari and will be again when we visit this summer with our two daughters. The hotel is in the old quarter of Rome mid way between Trevi Fountain and the Pantheon. Upscale shopping is nearby and the rooms are soundproof and have AC. They have triple and quad rooms available. The location is truly hard to beat.
Old Apr 7th, 2004, 01:50 PM

Hi
We stayed at the Santa Chiara in January. It's around the corner from the Pantheon and within walking distance of what we saw in Rome, including the vatican. The price included buffet breakfast and it was about $230 USD pernight.
alan
Old Apr 7th, 2004, 01:58 PM

We just stayed at the Intercontinental Hotel at the top of the Spanish Steps. It was heaven. The views were amazing, service wonderful and easy walking to everywhere..the metro is also a few feet from the door.