rome hotel near campo or piazza navona

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6th, 2003, 01:26 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am thinking about staying near the Campo de'Fiori or Piazza Navona. Any preferences or recommendations?
Old Oct 6th, 2003, 05:51 PM

How much do you want to spend?? There is a big variety of prices.
Old Oct 6th, 2003, 05:55 PM

Jasper, My favorite is the Albergo del Senato. Facing the Pantheon and around the corner from the Piazza Navona.
Old Oct 6th, 2003, 06:26 PM

I agree with Tonja. Just checked out of the Albergo Del Senato last Friday. Great hotel. Treat you like royalty - at a very reasonable price. Close to everything...
Old Oct 6th, 2003, 06:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
We stayed at the Hotel Smeraldo (www.hotelsmeraldoroma.com I think) which is 2 min walk to Campo dei Fiori. It was in a great area, hotel was OK, in the budget range. We had 2 different rooms, one was newer, quite small with a tiny bathroom, the other was in an older part of the hotel, much larger but quite worn. Staff were not particularly friendly or helpful but the location was good. Right opposite the hotel was a little bar where we had cappuccino and croissants for breakfast - cheap and quick. There was a little hotel called Pomezia around the corner, also one called Campo dei Fiori nearby.
Kay
Old Oct 6th, 2003, 08:33 PM

Check this out it's right by both Campo/Navona. I have heard good things about it but I have not stayed myself. Also since you didn't list your budget, it's hard to know what would suit you.

http://www.sleepinitaly.com/banchive...chivecchi.html
Old Oct 6th, 2003, 08:56 PM

Hi Jasper,

The Due Torri is a few blocks from the Piazza Navona. It is situated on a quiet side street. It is a pretty little hotel with good service, decent sized rooms and nice bathrooms. If you do a search on this site for the name you will find many posts describing it. It is a mid-range hotel in terms of price. Nothing fancy, but nice.

Have a great trip. Rome is so fabulous.

Ciao.

Daria
Old Oct 7th, 2003, 04:13 AM
Original Poster

Thank you so much for your help. I am actually looking for a hotel/b&b that has quads. I am traveling with my mom, and two aunts - all +/- 50. I am almost 30. I am planning the trip, so I am trying to accomodate my tastes and their tastes. The budget is above normal, this will be our "kinda" splurge. Thank you for your help!
Old Oct 7th, 2003, 05:29 AM

The Santa Chiara has a quad accommodation (a 2 room suite). It's located behind the Pantheon, very near campo and navona. I believe the Due Torre also has a quad arrangement (I think connecting rooms). I'm not exactly what you mean by 'above normal' budget but both these hotels are mid-priced by Rome standards.
Old Oct 7th, 2003, 05:34 AM

Back in March '01, a quad at Santa Chiara was about $250. We also priced Due Torri, and if I remember correctly, it was also around that much. Email any hotels you are interested in re: quads. Some hotels only have 1 such arrangement and don't necessarily mention it on their website, or booking websites.
Old Oct 7th, 2003, 07:16 AM

I just returned from Italy last night and we spent a wonderful 4 nights at Palazzo Olivia so close to Piazza Navonna. I cant say enough about it! Stefano who runs it goes above the call of duty with all of his help and patience. It was so convient to walk out the door and take two minutes to walk to the Piazza Navona. It has great restaurants in the area and with the best Gelato ever! It is perfect for people of the age group you are describing. I was with my parents ( pushing 70"s) and with the convienience of an elevator it was perfect.The nice thing about an apartment is it feels more "homey".
Old Oct 7th, 2003, 01:19 PM

My favorite area is the Piazza Farnese, which is steps from the Campo di Fiori. We just returned 2 weeks ago from staying at the Residenza Farnese which is on a very quiet street off of Piazza Farnese (185 euro for double incl breakfast). Rooms on the small side, but very clean and comfortable (and quiet at night). There are several outstanding restaurants within a few minute's walk.

There is also the Casa di Santa Brigida which is a hotel run by an order of nuns. It faces right on the Piazza Farnese and, if you get a room that faces on the piazza, when you throw open your shutters in the morning you will be looking right at one of the most beautiful palazzos in Rome, the Palazzo Farnese (site of act 2 of the opera "Tosca&quot. We stayed at the Casa di Santa Brigida a few years ago, but it is extremely difficult to get a room. The current rate for a double is about 145 euros.

The Piazza Navonna is a 7 minute walk from the Piazza Farnese. Also, a little electric mini bus (#116) stops at Piazza Farnese and will take you to St. Peter's, Pantheon, etc.
Old Oct 7th, 2003, 01:56 PM

We stayed a few nights at the Hotel Coronet. They have one room which might suit your needs... it wasn't a suite, but a VERY large room with several beds. It's a little on the budget side, but it might be worth considering. Breakfast is included; it's a couple of blocks from the "wedding cake" (Vittorio Emmanuel monument). Unfortunately, I don't remember the room number, but if you contact them, just ask about their large room. Here's a photo of the room from our visit:

http://strick.net/travel/images/europe/rome/coronet.jpg