Rome Hotel for 3

Jan 9th, 2008, 09:40 AM
Original Poster

Rome Hotel for 3

Hello,

I am looking for suggestions for a Hotel Room in Rome for 1 night for 3 ladies. We would like to be as central as possible, without the noise, we do not want to stay near the train station and are looking to spend no more than $400.00 for a room. Any suggestions or favorites you can suggest?

Thanks

Susan
Jan 9th, 2008, 09:42 AM

Perhaps the Hotel Dei Mellini. You could get a suite with king bed and pull out sofa. We liked the location and walked to all the sites from there.
Jan 9th, 2008, 10:03 AM

Hello Susan,
We have stayed 3 times at the Hotel Barberini. It has a room with a (I believe) kingsized bed and a suite area with pull-out sofa. It's a great hotel, has a lovely rooftop breakfast area with spectacular views of St. Peters. It's close to a metro, if that helps, and, depending on when you go, would be in your price range. Hope this helps...
Jan 9th, 2008, 10:12 AM

Are you looking for 3 beds and multiple bedrooms? Depending on how cozy you want to be you could get a triple room at many hotels like Canali ai Coronari. That would normally get you 2 queen-size beds where 2 of you could share a bed if you like. It would be well below the price you mentioned and in a great location.

http://www.ehi.com/Italy/Hotel_Resid...onari-Rome.htm
Jan 9th, 2008, 12:59 PM

You might want to also check out The Empire Palace Hotel. I think it would be a fantastic place for you ladies for the night.

Jan 9th, 2008, 01:11 PM

Ladies:

Try the Hotel Modigliani...our favorite in Roma...boutique type well within your budget for a triple.

Very quiet side street near Spanish Steps and walking distance to so many attractions...a nearby metro station on Via Veneto for a quick ride to the Coliseum and Forum, a lovely little boat ride on the Tiber (Tevere) to the Vatican...boat stop about a ten minute walk along upscale Via Condotti in front of aforementioned Spanish Steps.

There are quite a few fans of the hotel "M" on this forum.

Stu T.

www.hotelmodigliani.com
Jan 9th, 2008, 03:14 PM

I have to disagree about some of these locations. Hotel Dei Mellini is not great, and Empire Palace is not at all good (too far from the center). Even Modigliani isn't that good, and I have to say that, looking at the map, I don't see how it can be 10 minutes from a boat stop (if you even wanted to take a boat with only one night in Rome).

I stay in an apartment so can't recommend specific hotels, but do two searches here, one for Piazza Navona Hotels and one for Pantheon Hotels. This will get you right in the center where you want to be.
Jan 9th, 2008, 04:57 PM

Susan P,

Well, as a person that has stayed at Dei Mellini I will disagree with your disagreement. You can walk to Piazza Navona in around 10 minutes , the same to Spanish steps and 15-20 mins to Vatican. I really liked that I was not in the middle of the rucus of the Pantheon or Spanish steps area when it was time to go to bed.

Now, if you need to come out of the hotel and immediately be in front of the Pantheon or the above mentioned sites, then yes, I guess it's not convenient.

Last year we stayed at the Hotel Ponte Sisto where we had a triple because our daughter was traveling with us. Price was good as we booked it through reservationitaly , but the room was pretty small. I did like the location, near Trastevere and right next to Campo de Fiori.
Jan 9th, 2008, 05:45 PM

cruiseluv, sleitner said they want to be as central as possible, so I was going by that request. I like to be right in the center as well, so I understand that. There are actually plenty of places right in the center that are quiet, either because they are on a small side street or because they have the double-paned windows to keep out noise.
Jan 9th, 2008, 08:11 PM

That's fine. I guess "central" can be many things to different people.