Hotel in Rome

Old Jul 9th, 2007, 05:06 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hotel in Rome

Hi, I am looking for a hotel in Rome, Italy and I'm having a hard time finding a hotel that will acccomodate myself, my husband and our two small children ages 5 and 3 in one room. I will have to get a suite and pay double. Does anyone know any hotels near the Vatican/St. Peter's Basalica that would have a double bed in the room (I guess you would call it a double). Someone told me to look into the Atlanta Star but I don't like the reviews I read about it. Thanks for your responses.
Old Jul 9th, 2007, 05:07 PM

How much do you want to spend?
Old Jul 9th, 2007, 05:07 PM

And how long will you be there?
Old Jul 9th, 2007, 05:08 PM

Look at this description - it's a fabulous hotel in a really cool location, but not cheap!

http://www.hotelpontesisto.it/web/
Old Jul 9th, 2007, 05:18 PM

What you are looking for is called a quad room, or sometimes a family room. If you say "double", most will think you only want to accommodate two people. You want either a quad room, or you want two adjoining double rooms. If they're not adjoining, you and your husband would have to split up, one with each child.

I know Hotel Alimandi near the Vatican is recommended for families, but I don't know anything about it.
Old Jul 9th, 2007, 05:38 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for your replies. wliwl, I checked out that hotel website and it looks very nice. The room that has two beds in it would be perfect for us to stay in. Is that a double room or a junior suite. What would you say?
Old Jul 9th, 2007, 05:46 PM

I really have no idea. We rented an apartment right down the street fromt his hotel, and let me just say that when husband and I return to Rome without kids I am definitely staying there! Try emailing them, or just call on the phone. You really want to know the details, and to make sure they will guarantee you a particular room.

Here are the reviews for this hotel:
http://rome-hotels.tripadvisor.com/H...ome_Lazio.html

Have fun!
Old Jul 9th, 2007, 06:13 PM

Hello romikant

Many years ago, we were in your same boat; that is, looking for a room that would fit our family of 4. It was very difficult indeed. At that time, we ended up staying in a Holiday Inn on the Aurelia something or other. It was a short bus ride to the Vatican. Not even sure if it's still there.

But I just wondered if you had thought of renting an apartment. Not all apartments require a week's stay.

You don't indicate your budget, nor do you indicate when you are traveling. This makes it difficult to help. However, you might check out a couple of the apartment rental agencies. Many rent only for 7 nights, but some require only a 3 night stay.

For example, this apartment from Sleep In Italy:

http://tinyurl.com/292jsu

It looks close to the Vatican, has 2 bedrooms, and rents for a minimum of 3 nights.

Now as a caveat, I have NOT stayed in this apartment. However, I have rented from this agency several times with positive results. It's merely an example of what you may find more suitable for your family.

There are many other apartments on their website, and there are many other agencies. Do a search on this forum by searching for Rome Apartments, and you should find other referrals as well.

Happy travels!
Old Jul 9th, 2007, 06:14 PM

My husband, daughter, and I stayed at the Alimandi in a very nice large room. I can't remember if it was a queen bed and a double or a twin. But I do remember there was plenty of room for the 3 of us and suitcases. This was about 3 years ago and the room was less than $200 a night.
Old Jul 9th, 2007, 06:53 PM
MKE

I stayed at the Alimandi a year and a half ago and it was great and after having stayed at a small (and more expensive) hotel near Termini, I felt I was in heaven. The hotel is a block from the entrance to the Vatican museum, although you'll have to walk several blocks to get to St. Peter's. They serve a terrific breakfast, have a great staff, and as an added bonus, if you're going to the airport after your stay, they provide a free shuttle service. It would be my hotel of choice the next time I'm in Rome.
Old Jul 10th, 2007, 10:04 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for all of your responses, I am doing my research. Thanks for your advice.

Rose.