Rome Hotels, Hotel Isa or Ponte Sisto?

Old Apr 1st, 2009, 11:05 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rome Hotels, Hotel Isa or Ponte Sisto?

Hi, after exhaustive research and pricing, I've narrowed it down to these two hotels. We need 2 rooms and are booking for 3 nights.

Hotel Isa is west of the river, in between the Vatican and the Spanish Steps. It's 100 euro/night per room.

Hotel Ponte Sisto is IMO, the best location in Rome, between Campo Fiori and Trastevere. It's 130 euro/night per room (which is a great price for this hotel).

Overall the Sisto will run about $250 more for the stay. Is it worth it?

Has anyone stayed at either of these hotels and can comment? Thanks!
Old Apr 1st, 2009, 11:10 AM

I stayed at Hotel Ponte Sisto in 2006 and would go back in a heartbeat. We had a jr suite which was two rooms with bath for three women.

The location was superb. The staff very helpful. The breakfast offered alot of variety. My only suggestion is to request a room not facing the street. Late at night people coming back from Trasterve (sp) were very loud. Even with our windows closed you can hear a lot of noise.

If you choose this hotel you will not be disappointed.
Old Apr 2nd, 2009, 06:35 AM
Original Poster

Thanks grosen! I have to say, the interiors don't look impressive on the website. Are they as bland and cookie cutter as they appear in photographs?
Old Apr 7th, 2009, 12:40 PM

Hi Nina,
I am in the same predicament. Did you decide yet? I'd love some advice!
Old Apr 7th, 2009, 03:48 PM

Hi,

We stayed at Hotel Ponte Sisto in 2006. Our family ahd 3 rooms, they were all standard, not a junior suite. The bathrooms were nice , large and modern. The rooms were so so. Ot was summer so we took breakfast in the lovely courtyard. I think we paid 120 Euros a night and for that rate it was fine.

I am going back to Rome this summer but we are staying at Hotel Dei Mellini. A bit more money but it has larger and better appointed rooms.
Old Apr 17th, 2009, 05:15 AM
Original Poster

Well, I booked the Ponte Sisto by accident (I didn't realize that it was a non-refundable rate until they sent the confirmation), so I have no choice, we;re staying at the Ponte Sisto.

Hopefully it will be worth it, I'm paying 130 euro per room/night and they promised me connecting rooms (which is a huge plus for our family) and a small balcony, so we'll see.

I still think the Isa would have been a great choice since they've renovated all the rooms and they look awesome, as does the rooftop terrace. I have a feeling their rates are going to be going up, but from what I can see, 100 euro is a bargain for it. I was thinking of stopping in to check it out but it would probably only frustrate me.

I'll do a trip report when we get back.
Old Apr 17th, 2009, 09:47 PM

Nina,
for the rate of 100 € they would most certainly give you a small NOT renovated room at the Isa hyotel. They did not renovate all their rooms and this is the reason for their sometimes cheap rates!! So don´t be disappointed that you booked the Ponte Sisto *by accident*, it will be a lot better than getting a shabby unrenovated room at the Isa Hotel. Have fun!
Old Apr 20th, 2009, 09:21 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Karen, I'm actually glad to hear it, I feel better about spending the extra money, I just emailed Ponte Sisto to request specific rooms that I read about on tripadvisor (big, connecting with a huge terrace) and they confirmed them.

BTW, prices are waayyyyy down in Rome this summer...you can get the Capo d'africa for 315 euro for THREE nights in August...3 nights for the price of three and Albergo Cesare is 105 euro.

The San Anselmo, Pio and Aventine are 25% off 3 nights or more too. There are some great deals on travel this summer for sure!
Old Apr 20th, 2009, 09:30 AM
Original Poster

meant 3 nights for the price of 2