Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Rome hotel, central loc., restaurant, help!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2nd, 2006, 07:15 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just found out that the delle Nazioni (that I'd booked over Christmas because it has a restaurant) is renovating the restaurant, so it's closed.

So I'm looking again. We are concerned about dinner on Christmas eve, when much closes in Rome.

Any suggestions, preferably under 200 Euros, are welcome. Since this is a 4-night stay with 2 rooms, I don't really want to splurge.

I've e-mailed the Hotel Lancelot, which serves dinner, to check if they're offering dinner Christmas eve. I want to be more near Navona/Pantheon or Trevi. But I am open to recommendation of other central locations.
Old Oct 2nd, 2006, 07:23 AM

If you would consider a B&B, I can recommend the Relais Banchi Vecchi, which is close to the Campo dei Fiori and not far from Piazza Navona. The woman who owns and runs the B&B is not onsite all of the time, so you would be without the help of someone at the front desk at certain hours.

All of that said, it is a very nice place to stay and the prices are within your budget.

www.banchivecchi115.com

Good luck.

Old Oct 2nd, 2006, 07:31 AM
LJ

If you are concerned about dinner on Christmas Eve (and you may have a point...) you could see if any of the excellent kosher restaurants in Trastevere are open.
Old Oct 2nd, 2006, 07:40 AM
Original Poster

Thanks to you both.
I e-mailed the B & B. We'll see.
I guess we could check in Trastevere on 23 December and make a reservation then.

I'd still like a centrally-located hotel with a restaurant, but it might not be within our budget.
Old Oct 2nd, 2006, 07:46 AM
MaureenB

While in Rome this past May, I looked in the lobbies of these hotels, which looked quite nice. The first one has a restaurant for sure, the other two might. This is from my trip report:

"La Lumiere di Piazza di Spagna (Spanish steps), has rooftop dining, is in an old mansion on Condotti street. More expensive than our Hotel Julia, I'm sure. www.lalumieredipiazzadispagna.com.

Hotel Barberini, Via Rasella 3, a four-star just up the street from the Domus Julia, across from Barberini Palace and near the Spanish steps. [email protected]

Hotel Bramante, near the Vatican in the 'ancient urban neighborhood of Borgo Pio". www.hotelbramante.com.

>-

Old Oct 2nd, 2006, 07:50 AM
MaureenB

Sorry, I just looked at La Lumiere's website. No restaurant, just a rooftop terrace for breakfast.