Hotel near Piazza Navona, Rome?

Old Aug 30th, 2002, 12:58 PM
Mallory

Hotel near Piazza Navona, Rome?

Has anyone stayed at a nice hotel in the Piazza Navona / Pantheon area that they would recommend? For a few days in early October I would like to spend about $150 to $175 total per night for a single. For something with a bit of luxury, I would go up to $200. A few years ago I stayed at the Condotti near Piazza di Spagna, which was very comfortable, but I prefer the Piazza Navona area.

Thanks/M

Old Aug 30th, 2002, 01:05 PM
Betsy

We really liked this hotel, a few steps from Piaza Navona. If you do a search, you'll find that a lot of other Fodorites like it too. We paid the equivalent of about $160 USD in October 2001.

Hotel Due Torri
Vicolo del Leonetto 23 Rome
00186Tel: (06) 6876983 or 6875765
Fax: (06) 6865442
http://www.hotelduetorriroma.com/
[email protected]

Old Aug 30th, 2002, 01:34 PM
Book Chick

Hi Mallory,
You may want to investigate the possibility of staying at the Hotel Genio, right near Piazza Navona.

http://www.leonardihotels.com/Genio/index.html

Buon Viaggio,
BC

Old Aug 30th, 2002, 01:44 PM
Maira

Book chick--- Hotel Genio tops my list of hotels that I will be contacting for my Nov trip to Rome. Have you stayed in this hotel? (this trip is a present to my Mom from her kids, she is sooooo excited!!!)

Old Aug 30th, 2002, 01:54 PM
Book Chick

Maira,
My next door neighbor stayed there on his honeymoon in May, simply raved about the place. I walked past it in January, but stopped in to the lobby to have a look, and it looked really nice. Also there's a restaurant attached to it (entrance to the restaurant is outside, as far as I know, though) and a pal of mine ate there & really loved it.

Buon Viaggio,
BC

Old Aug 30th, 2002, 02:05 PM
Marty

I stayed at the Hotel Genio for one night in July. The room was, of course, very, very small, but it was very nicely done. The bathroom was very nice. The hotel itself is rather luxurious-looking on the ground floor. We had a nice breakfast that was included. The location is very good. They were running a special at the time, so the room was only $140; they may have fall special, also. The staff was not incredibly friendly, but they were very efficient, and most spoke some English. Be sure to try the award winning gelato at the gelato shop right across the street. It deserves the award--like frozen fudge.

Old Aug 30th, 2002, 02:11 PM
Maira

Thanks Book Chick for the reply! I keep hearing good things about this hotel, even better if I can confirmed it!!

Mallory, also try the site http://www.venere.com/index.html.en for an idea of choices. Have a great trip!!

Old Sep 6th, 2002, 10:50 AM
aileen

We just stayed at the Albergo Del Senato in the Piazza Rotonda for three nights last week. We chose it based on the positive feedback of posters here. We thought it was a great location, one square away from Piazza Navona. Our rooms looked right out on the Pantheon, it was clean, comfortable, good breakfast, and we really enjoyed it. It is in your price range.