Rome Apartment

Old Aug 1st, 2009, 07:58 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rome Apartment

Can anyone comment on having stayed here, location, bus connection, etc.? I think we've narrowed down and we are going to be in Rome the second week in September. Thanks.
Old Aug 1st, 2009, 08:00 AM
Original Poster

I think the link would be helpful for above post - sorry http://www.sleepinitaly.com/appartam...d_appartam=286
Old Aug 1st, 2009, 08:14 AM

my sister and i stayed right near Campo de Fiore and absolutely LOVED it. I would stay there again anytime.
Old Aug 1st, 2009, 08:42 AM

You should know that Campi dei Fiore is a ground-zero for college-age foreigners who come into the Campo at night to binge drink, although the second week in September might off-set the crowds. I would also want to know I was insulated from the noise of setting up the morning market. Other than that, it's walkable to almost all the sights.
Old Aug 1st, 2009, 11:30 AM

This apartment is within a block or two of the one we stay in on via dei Farnesi.
Great location and the apartment looks very nice!
Old Aug 1st, 2009, 11:58 AM
Original Poster

iluvitaly,
Was it noisy? Were you able to get around by bus? Any restuarant suggestions? How did you get from airport?
Old Aug 1st, 2009, 12:49 PM

I have stayed on via dei Cappellari and via del Pellegrino, both very near Monserrato. Great locations and we were never bothered by noise/revelers except one night on via del Pellegrino when we were staying during some big soccer matches. There was some drunken yelling we could hear around 1am for about 15 minutes. Otherwise we had no problems. I always bring earplugs (and Tylenol PM) with me on vacation--just in case.

On my most recent visit, we used Rome Cabs for service to/from the airport for the first time. They had come recommended on this forum and the service was excellent.

http://www.romecabs.com/

I have also just caught a taxi at the airport and have used other car services, although I cannot recall which ones. In any case, I haven't had any problems.

Enjoy your trip!
Old Aug 1st, 2009, 01:58 PM

Re: buses. There is an electric bus line that is near your apartment. It stops along Via Giulia, goes down via dei Farnesi and has another stop on Piazza Cancellaria, (right next to one of our favorite restaurants, Ditirambo).

I'm not sure if this will open:
http://www.atac.roma.it/docunet/file.asp?mid=3&rid=389
if it does, great.
If not try http://www.atac.roma.it/ and get the english version and bus map routes from there.

Yes, the Campo is crazy at night. We did see a lot of police presence there in March though. The drunken revelers are only a problem as they return home in the wee hours of Saturday and Sunday mornings, possibly wandering past your apartment.
I just wear earplugs Friday and Saturday nights, but my husband never hears a thing.

We use a driver from the airport for 5 euro more than a taxi but worth it IMO.
Old Aug 1st, 2009, 02:24 PM

I stayed in the Campo de Fiori twice and absolutely love the area. Centrally located, great restaurants, great sight seeing all within easy walking distance. I am a senior woman who travels alone and I have always felt very safe. This is one of my favorite areas to stay in Rome, yes it is a bit noisy and lively at night with young adults and students, but I feel that adds to the charm of the area.I am a walker and from this area I was able to walk to the Vatican, the Borgese gardens, the Spanish Steps and most fo the sights that I was interested in. However the bus lines are very close to the area and are quite good. The apartment looks great that you are renting. Have fun.