Reload this Page >

Rome airport to Trastevere

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6th, 2002, 10:51 AM
valerie

How would you suggset I get from FCO to Trastevere? Cab, train, ??<BR>Do you know anything about the bus that goes throughout the main points of Rome and allows you to get on or off??

Old Oct 6th, 2002, 12:59 PM
Rex

Just posted this afternoon:<BR><BR> <BR>Author: Rex ([email protected])<BR>Date: 10/06/2002, 04:21 pm<BR>Message: If you (or others with airport questions) don't already have this site, let me recommend http://www.airwise.com/airports/index.html - - which in turn will take you to http://www.airwise.com/airports/europe/FCO/index.html<BR>- - and from there to http://www.airwise.com/airports/europe/FCO/FCOtran1.html<BR><BR>Details on the train, bus and other options are listed there.<BR> <BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex<BR>

Old Oct 6th, 2002, 01:06 PM
Paul

The train runs every 20 minutes from FCO to Trastevere. It's a local train that ends up at Roma Tiburtina. The fare is very inexpensive, maybe $3 or $4. When you get off the train at Trastevere, you are likely to encounter non licensed drivers asking you if you want a taxi. As at all other locations, always ignore someone who ask you if you need a taxi. Real taxi drivers do not solicit. They just sit in their taxis in front of the station waiting for a fare.

Old Oct 6th, 2002, 05:01 PM
topper

ttt<BR>

Old Oct 7th, 2002, 01:00 AM
Steve James

Hello Valerie,<BR><BR>Just to add to Paul's post, - DON'T catch the train for Roma Termini, which does not stop at Trastevere.<BR><BR>The train which stops at Trastevere is the FARA SABINA/ORTE train.<BR>Fare is EURO 4.70<BR><BR>Hope this helps ...<BR><BR>Steve

Old Oct 7th, 2002, 01:42 AM
Steve James

P.S. There are a couple of hop-on/hop-off city tour buses - the 110 Tour and Ciao Roma Tour. I believe they follow a similar route.<BR><BR>They've had mixed reviews here. <BR><BR>I think an all-day bus/metro pass (approx Euro 3.20) is a better alternative and gives you more flexibility.<BR>Just my personal opinion ...<BR><BR>Steve

Old Oct 7th, 2002, 10:04 AM
ledbetter

I would also recommend the Euro 4.70 train. We did this in June and had no trouble. There are little machines where you can use a credit card/debit card to buy the tickets. The only trouble with this was that it is awkward with the luggage. I would still recommend it though.<BR><BR>When you get to Trastevere, you can swicth to the Metro, get a taxi (I'd rather walk), or find the bus. The Metro was much easier for us than the bus. If you decide to do this, you can get tickets for the Metro at the newstand by the entrance to the platforms. I think the tickets are Euro .77 for 30 minutes if I remember correctly....<BR><BR>Have a great trip!

Old Oct 7th, 2002, 11:12 AM
up

up<BR>