Original Poster

Rome airport- hotel

Seeking a hotel at/near Rome International Airport that is
-not expensive
-has shuttle---> airport
-not sleazy
thanks
Apr 28th, 2007, 04:18 AM

You can go to: www.tripadvisor.com/ and get lists of hotels in your price range. The great thing about TripAdvisor.com, is that when you find hotels in your area and price range, more times than not, there are many reviews from travelers. Often, it is comical what travelers endure, interesting reading!! Quite frankly, it is one of the only ways to avoid a low-cost dive. Often the travelers will even post pictures of their hotel room. If you google the name of the hotel, you can find the hotel's website. There, they will usually have facts regarding the distance to attractions, airport, and shuttles, if they are available.

I hope you enjoy your time in Rome!!
Apr 28th, 2007, 06:01 AM

Hello lyceemoliere, the Hilton is right at the airport but unless they have a special rate it is usually not inexpensive. The Holiday Inn seems to be a favorite of a lot of people..they do have a shuttle, it is less expensive then the Hilton. And I believe there is now a Holiday Inn Garden Court (not sure of the exact name) and I think I read they have a shuttle.

So start with going to those major hotel chains websites to check them out. Also see if the shuttle operates for the time that you need.

Best wishes and enjoy your time in Italy!!

Apr 29th, 2007, 10:25 AM

I stayed at the Hilton coming back from a business trip 18 months ago.

It may be 'at' the airport but it is a maze of about 1/2 mile to walk to it.

Their buffet service was the battle of Italy vs. France. Both countries lost.

They were not polite at all when I asked for a shuttle to the airport early the next morning.
Apr 29th, 2007, 10:39 AM

We stayed at the euro House Inn in Fiumicino in early March. It was 145 euros/night for a suite for 3. I think there are cheaper rooms if you just want a single or double. Not fancy but definitely not sleazy. It had a shuttle service.
It was on a major street but the room was out back and pretty quiet.
There is a restaurant within short walking distance that was pretty good.
I was really sad about having left our apartment in Rome, but really this hotel was fine for near the airport.