Search

Rome Airport (fiumcino) hotels?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19th, 2005, 03:34 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rome Airport (fiumcino) hotels?

Hi,
We arrive at the rome airport at about 8pm and then fly out at 12pm the next day, it would be nice to find an airport hotel, or a hotel close to the airport so that we dont have to worry about getting in and out of the city and also finding a hotel late at night. Does anyone know of any hotels around or close to the Fiumcino airport? Any idea of pricing per night?
Thanks
Paul
Old Apr 19th, 2005, 03:49 PM

Good evening, tho there is a hotel within FCO, we used the HOLIDAY INN PARCO DI MEDICI, about a ten min drive in the hotels shuttle. Accomodations were very good and its dining room was
also.... Check with hotel on hours the shuttle runs... Richard of LaGrange Park, Il..
Old Apr 19th, 2005, 05:08 PM

Hi Paul,

The Hilton is actually right IN the airport, which makes it very convenient, but then of course, you pay the Hilton rate (and I have yet to find anything that's not over $200 a night on any website). My flight out of Rome leaves at 7AM, so I'd really like a room there, but at a lower rate!

Here's what I have from my notes for hotels with shuttles (unfortunately for me, my flight leaves so early the shuttle doesn't operate then)!

Cancelli Rossi Hotel - 2 km from airport
Portuense 2443

Courtyard Rome Airport - $168.91USD - 4km E of the airport -

Hotel Club Isola Sacra - Fiumicino - 60 rooms; 3 miles,

Regards,

Melodie

Old Apr 19th, 2005, 07:49 PM

Hi Paul,

Stayed at the Hotel Palladium by the Termini, rate during the Pope's funeral around 80 euro which I pre booked before the Pope died. Hotel is 2 blocks from the station where you can get the train to FCO for 9.50 euro which run every30 min from 5:22 am. train ride takes only 30 min. Good luck. Busy time in Rome.. We have a NEW POPE!!!
Old Apr 20th, 2005, 04:59 AM
ira

Hi Paul,

We also stayed at the Holiday Inn EUR Parc Medici.

It is an International Style hotel frequented by tour groups. Has an excellent breakfast. Dinner has an antipasto buffet that is very good.

Their shuttle bus is on a schedule. They will give it to you if you email them.

About 115E/nite dbl w/bkfst.
Old Apr 20th, 2005, 05:34 AM

We also stayed at HOLIDAY INN PARCO DI MEDICI. Shouldn't be much of a Taxi fare, but they do have a shuttle bus. As Ira said, get their schedule to see if it fits your schedule.

We also paid 115E, and the breakfast was huge and very good.
Old Apr 20th, 2005, 05:52 AM

Another vote for the Holiday Inn EUR Parc Medici. We stayed there a month ago and it's about 1/3 the cost of the Hilton at the airport. We paid 99 euros. They have a shuttle that not only runs to the airport but one that will take you into downtown Rome and pick you up. We even dropped our rental car there for a 10 euro fee so as not to have to hassle with it the day of our flight.
Old Apr 20th, 2005, 07:23 AM

Re the Hilton: fill out a form and join the HIlton HOnors Program. I did and for the last few years I make a few phone calls I have been able to get the Rome Airport HIlton for about 110euro, including a gigantic buffet breakfast.

In the morning you just walk across the street and there you are at checkin.
Old Apr 20th, 2005, 08:36 AM

I did exactly what Seaurchin said and i was able to get a room for 155 euro as a Hilton Honors member. It's still a bit high but the convenience seems worth it. They also have a shuttle(free) that takes you into rome.
Old Apr 20th, 2005, 05:57 PM

Thanks SeaUrchin & Monica!

I will give it a try and see how I do!

I knew that I could stay by the train station, but since the flight leaves @ 7AM, (UGH) and am supposed to check in at 5AM for international flight, relying on a train would make me nervous. With my luck, there would be a strike or it would be late and envisioned frantic dash via taxi to the airport.

Thanks again!

Melodie
Old Apr 21st, 2005, 08:48 AM

Hi Melodie, I take those early flights out of FCO too. The agents don't arrive and set up shop until about 6AM so don't fret too much and enjoy your buffet! I hope you can wrangle a good rate at the Hilton, let me know! (Try all the Hilton connections).
Old Apr 21st, 2005, 09:59 AM

Since we started having 7 am flights out of FCO, we have been spending the last night at the Hilton. Sometimes the weekend rate is pretty good. The thing about the Hilton is that even if the (free) shuttle is out (we have taken it at 5 am before we realized they don't open the desks at the airport until 6) you can walk to the terminal. You don't need to rely on the shuttle. It doesn't seem like you will have time for this, but they also have a free shuttle into Rome every two hours and back every two hours until late at night.
Old Apr 21st, 2005, 05:26 PM

SeaUrchin,

ok, this is pretty funny - I HAD a Hilton Honors card and completely forgot about it until yesterday. Called today and got the rate of $277!
Am hoping that if I wait until closer in, the rate will drop; since it's for Oct. 6th, 1 night, I've got some leeway.

Ann, thanks for the info, but I won't need a shuttle into Rome; we're staying in an apartment in Rome at the end of September for a week; then taking the train to Salerno for 5 days, so the overnight hotel in Rome is just for the night before the return flight home.

Thank you!

Melodie
Old Apr 21st, 2005, 05:52 PM

We stayed at the Hilton last September. Initially the rates quoted were very high ($280 or so range) but as the date became closer we were able to get somewhere in the $170 range. It is a very nice hotel and the most convenient location for the airport. Biggest drawback is that their restaurant (and bar) is very expensive.
Old Apr 21st, 2005, 06:40 PM

Hi Boulder,

I thought as much about the rate...geez, I'm hoping to be able to wave SeaUrchin's magic wand and get the $110 rate....I mean, really, it will be the last night of a 3 week trip and by that time I will have spent all my money on procuttio and gelato!

No worries on the restaurant -- I can pack a wonderful picnic and enjoy it in my room in my jammies while re-packing!

Melodie
Old Apr 21st, 2005, 06:51 PM

I'd stay at the Hilton, connected right to the airport.
Old Apr 21st, 2005, 07:37 PM

Melodie, that is exactly what I do. If you leave Salerno late in the day you can check in at the Hilton even late at night. But I get there around 9pm or 10pm and snack on something I bought earlier and turn on the TV and repack!

Old Apr 21st, 2005, 07:39 PM

No, you dispose of earlier trash....call room service, one last night splurge.
Old Apr 22nd, 2005, 04:02 PM

SeaUrchin,

I sense a kindred spirit!
That's exactly what I planned to do!

Take a late train from Salerno, maximize the amount of time there since I will have already been to Rome for a week (although it's never enough time is it?) I figured about 7-ish or so from Salerno. Check in, take a shower, put on jammies, let hair "air dry", re-pack anything that needs it, get a good night's sleep.

Traveller: room service? I'm impressed. I think I've only ordered room service once in my life and it was pretty sad. Maybe you've had better experiences!

Nah, I could be happy with my favorite picnic meal of salami, cheese, bread and a bottle of wine at half the cost!

On our last Big Trip we went to NZ and stayed at a remote lodge where you were pretty much "forced" to go to their restaurant as there was nothing else available. The prices were fairly expensive. We brought 4 bottles of wine with us, a huge loaf of bread, some pate for my husband, assorted cheeses, salami, a salad and chocolate biscuits...sat out on our deck in front of our unit and watched the sun set (in jammies again) Very relaxing, and since entrees were approx $25-$30, and the least expensive bottle of wine was $28, very economical as well!

I do this a few days whenever I travel and really enjoy it. Stopping at a deli and picking up supplies as mentioned, some salads maybe, chocolate or some unknown odd chips, and then picking a nice spot off the beaten track, out on the patio, or in this case, in my room, is most enjoyable!

We all know that Italy has wonderful food, but frankly, with a long trip I actually get tired of figuring out where to go eat every night; sometimes it's nice to mix it up and I've actually enjoyed making a couple of meals and staying in - like when we had a villa in Umbria.

Regards,

Melodie
Melodie

Old Jul 26th, 2006, 03:53 PM
JaneRebecca

I realize that this is an old thread but I am wondering if SeaUrchin is still around? She/He says to sign up for the Hilton Honors Program and make a few phone calls and bingo, a room for 110 Euros. So, I joined the Honors Club but who are you calling? When I called the Hilton 800 number I got the same rates as the ones on-line.

Also, when we take the train from Rome Termini to the FCO do you get off inside the airport?

I am struggling with this last night thing. We will be coming from Venice to Rome to FCO by train and on a flight at 11:00 a.m. to Chicago. It seems more convenient to be right at the airport and avoid morning traffic, panic, etc. What do you all think and what are people doing these days? Thanks to all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -