Romantic Dublin Ideas

Search

Romantic Dublin Ideas

Search this Thread

Old May 10th, 2003, 03:51 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Romantic Dublin Ideas

I will be in Dublin June 20-23. I will be meeting a beau there. The last time I was in Dublin, it was a family trip so I need some assistance. Any suggestions for romantic places to do/go see in the Dublin area? Thanks!
Old May 14th, 2003, 03:02 PM
Original Poster

Topping for me. Bad form maybe. This msg got lost down the list I hope. Surely someone has at least one idea...
Old May 14th, 2003, 09:46 PM

My daughter will be getting married in Wicklow this September... about a 1/2 drive south of Dublin. She says it's very romantic. Do a search on the net and see.
Old May 15th, 2003, 05:29 AM

Glendalough - about 10 miles outside Dublin is a really beautiful place to take a picnic. Details of a bus service here - http://www.glendaloughbus.com/ I'd also recommend Powerscourt House -
www.powerscourt.ie for something to eat in its nice self-service restaurant and then a stroll in its lovely laid out gardens. Take the DART and go for a walk along the piers at Howth (northside) or Dun Laoghaire (southside) or walk along the beach at Killiney, then stroll to Dalkey for something to eat and take the DART home. If it's a Saturday night during the Summer, book an outdoor table at Eden, Meeting House Square, Temple Bar - they show old movies outdoors in the square so you can watch while you eat. Take a wickedly indulgent afternoon tea in the Merrion Hotel, or have cocktails in the Octagon Bar, Clarence Hotel, Temple Bar (owned by Bono and the Edge of U2 - you might spot them there). Stoll along the Liffey Boardwalk at sunset, then ask directions to Mulligan's Pub in Poolbeg Street - the best pint of Guinness in Dublin. Or take a tour of the Guinness brewery - which finishes in the highest bar in the city. Have a taxi take you to the Blue Light pub in the Dublin Mountains and look at the whole city spread out before you at sunset.
Old May 15th, 2003, 06:07 AM

I know this is going to sound morbid, but maybe go out to Glasnevin cemetary. It's beautifully kept and had an incredible history.
Old May 16th, 2003, 07:08 AM
Original Poster

Thank you! Thank you!
Old May 16th, 2003, 10:41 AM

Hi Coldwar27, I live in Dublin and here are a few of my suggestions:

Cocktails in the Fitzwilliam hotel bar.

Cellar bar for champagne cocktail in the Merrion Hotel in the basement.

I second Eden on a nice evening for dinner outside. Movies are only at the weekends.

Go to the temple bar food market Saturday morning and get some picnic food and head to Stephens green or Iveagh Gardens off Harcourt street.

Take a Dart to Howth in the evening and walk the Pier and then head for a seafood dinner at King Sitrics restaurant.

Take the Dart south to Dun Laoghaire and walk the pier and head up to the forty foot bar/restaurant and see the sunset over the harbour.

Go for a meal in Fado on Dame street and request a table outside.

Powerscourt gardens in Enniskerry. Beautiful to walk the gardens and then go see the waterfall afterwards.

IS there any particular interests you have? Let me know and I can find out some more ideas.
Old May 24th, 2003, 01:01 PM
Original Poster

Thanks so much Siobhan. I love the pier ideas especially. I live in Florida near the water so I always like those type of suggestions. I just hope it stops raining there and warms up just a tad.