Reload this Page >

Romance in Capri

Search

Romance in Capri

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6th, 2002, 06:52 PM
CAt

Romance in Capri

Hi there, <BR>I am having trouble deciding where to stay for pure luxury and romance in Capri. I have been told about the Punta Tragara and the Caesar Augustus... please share your thoughts.<BR><BR>Thanks,<BR>Cat

Old Jan 6th, 2002, 06:56 PM
richard j vicek

Good evening, Cat<BR>did stay at the Europa Palace upon Anacapri, was a extreme wonderful hotel<BR>tho expensive. In Capri look into the<BR>HOTEL SYRENE, www.capri.it is a <BR>medium priced hotel with view of the<BR>Faragolini on some of its front room<BR>has a good dining room and pool..<BR>Richard of LaGrange Park, Il...

Old Jan 6th, 2002, 07:16 PM
ee

Try the scalinatella (not sure if sp is right) stayed there on my honeymoon 20 yrs ago--magnicent and exp.

Old Jan 6th, 2002, 07:30 PM
John G

Darling, you must stay at Quisisana if you are staying on Capri. EVERYBODY stays there. If you are looking for a rich man, this is where you will find him. DO NOT stay at Luna; the staff is very petty.

Old Jan 7th, 2002, 11:49 AM
Cat

have you heard of Punta Tragara or Caesar Augustus?? I was told they are both fabulous.<BR>Cat<BR><BR>

Old Jan 7th, 2002, 12:03 PM
John G

Cat, I have never hear of Caesar Augustus, but, Punta Tragara does have a good reputation. My friend said it has very good views of the sea. But, if you want a "scene" and to visit with the beautiful people, you would stay at either Quisisana, or to a lesser extent, La Scallinatella. <BR><BR>But, you don't have to stay at either hotel to enjoy the ambience of Capri. You could stay at a cheaper hotel and just go to Quisisana and sit on the veranda for a drink.

Old Jan 7th, 2002, 12:48 PM
ohoh

Obviously John has never been to Capri and is passing along second hand info...It is a very small place. Caesar Augustus looked lovely when we visited last Spring. We didn't stay there, but it did look lovely. It is difficult to judge the luxury quotient, the views and grounds are extraordinary. The romance quotient goes way up when the day-trippers leave around 5-6PM.

Old Jan 7th, 2002, 01:31 PM
Mark

Yikes - if you belong with the 'beautiful people' then you probably wouldn't be spending your free time on Fodors online.<BR><BR>In anycase, regarding Hotel Luna, the gardens and views are fantastic but I agree with John there was something about the staff that I didn't like. I wouldn't return (but I would stroll through their grounds). Luna is also separated from the part of town where jet set / beautiful / annoying(?) people hang out.

Old Jan 7th, 2002, 02:12 PM
Jennifer

Has anyone stayed at the Casa Morgano? It looks beautiful.

Old Jan 7th, 2002, 03:42 PM
jim

cat,<BR><BR>if you are with a romantic companion then the europa palace is fantastic. we stayed there for our honeymoon in 2000 and found it luxurious and romantic.i think dinner is required and is probably a good idea since not much happening in anacapri at night. <BR><BR>if you are looking for more excitement and traveling alone or with friends then capri town would be a better choice. quissana looked nice, certainly in the middle of the action,shopping and fun.<BR><BR>we loved capri and anacapri and trust you will too.

Old Jan 7th, 2002, 05:23 PM
steve

We stayed at Casa Morgano in October and loved it. It's owned by the same people as Quisisana and Scalinatella. The hotel is small and the rooms all have balconies with beautiful views. Punta Tragara has very interesting architecture and looks like it would have good views. The Caesar Augustus looked nice but we just went by it and I can't say what it's like inside.<BR>I was glad we stayed in the Capri Town area because we could walk to lots of places to eat and shop.<BR>

Old Jan 10th, 2002, 03:38 AM
Lorraine

Cat, we stayed at Caesar Augustus last June. The first night we had a shabby room near the lobby, but complained and the next morning they moved us to a gorgeous room with balcony overlooking the sea. (They were in the process of renovating the rooms.) Very beautiful and romantic spot with the greatest pool--see photos at http://www.correctedenglish.com/S-It...yframeset.html (scroll down the travelog text in the right-hand column to the Capri section close to the end, and click on highlighted words to see pix).<BR><BR>Friends stayed at Luna last May and liked it so much they are returning this year.

Old Jul 18th, 2002, 06:08 AM
sweethearts

tp

Old Jul 19th, 2002, 11:36 AM
Melanie

What about La Minerva or Relais Maresca in November? Two of the few places still open at that time of year. Anyone been there in Nov?

Old Jul 19th, 2002, 03:21 PM
Sherri Kardell

I stayed at the Minerva; although I liked it alot; I would not put it in the pure luxury or romace catagory.i would go for the casa Morgano.<BR>La Dolce Italy

Old Jul 20th, 2002, 05:18 AM
Melanie

Sherri: Thanks for the reply. Casa Morgano was on my list, too, but they're closed in November. Did La Minerva have good views? How about the staff - friendly, helpful? Thanks!

Old Jul 20th, 2002, 08:30 PM
Sherri kardell

Dear Cat:<BR>the Mirvarna was great newly renovated .I had a delux or superior room I forgot what they called them; but it had a private balcony new bathroom with a view from the tub and a world class staff.<BR>Luigi and Mario( I think that was his name).<BR>If you want to see photos. log on to www.karenbrown punch inns by location then punch Naples and you should find it.<BR>All and all I was very happy with this choice; there are fancier places; but the warmth of the staff was really endearing to me; I will definately return.<BR>The only draw back is there is no pool; but that should not be a big concern the time of year you will be there( not exaclly swimming weather) although most of the fancier hotels will let you use their pool off season.<BR>La Dolce Capri

Old Jul 20th, 2002, 08:38 PM
Sherri Kardell

Dear Cat;<BR>this is a post scpript to my reply above.<BR>One thing to keep in mind about Capri is the higher up the better your views will be ( the Minerva is not that high up the hill compared to some of the other suggesstions) but you also will not have to walk up those hills after along day of site seeing; just something to consider.<BR>La Dolce Capri

Old Jul 21st, 2002, 09:06 AM
AL

to the top

Old Jul 21st, 2002, 10:16 AM
Melanie

Sherrie: Molte grazie!! Just what I was looking for. Happy travels!