Reload this Page >

Interested in travelling to Mallorca-any tips for good sites with photos

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10th, 2002, 05:26 PM
ma

Hello.<BR><BR>I am interested in travelling to Mallorca this Autumn and am looking for good websites with photos or any other information you can provide. I am just starting the research and searched yahoo but found limited information. Any advice would be appreciated.<BR><BR>Cheers.

Old Mar 10th, 2002, 06:37 PM
r

i-escape.com <BR><BR>circumvista.com<BR><BR>gives those a try. also, i searched on this forum under "Mallorca" and found lots of info with many websites mentioned. good luck

Old Mar 11th, 2002, 04:11 AM
EP

www.visitbaleares.com<BR>www.agroturismo-balear.com<BR><BR>I am going there in three weeks. Have been once before in the center of the island on an old farm turned into a charming hotel. Now I am going to drive the western Sierra Tramuntana area and stay in different places.

Old Jul 21st, 2002, 10:22 AM
Henry

We spent aweek in January. Stayed at Marriott in Llucmajor which is inland, very pretty peacefull area. In Palma check out the Cathedral, the Palace adjacent and you can take horse drawn carriage rides of the narrow streets in this part of the city. Bellvar Castle is on ahilltop overlooking the city and worth a visit. The western coast is mountainous (sp?)and the drive along this coast with mountains on one side and the sea on the edge is fabulous. Check out Sollier, Deia, Valldemossa Lluc. The view from the lighthouse at Cape Formentara at the very north west tip

Old Jul 21st, 2002, 10:34 AM
Henry

We spent a week in January. Stayed at the Marriott in Llucmajor which is inland, in a very pretty peacefull area. In Palma check out the Cathedral, the adjacent Palace and you can take a horse drawn carriage ride of the narrow streets in this part of the city. Bellvar Castle is on a hilltop overlooking the city and worth a visit. The western coast is mountainous (sp?)and the drive along this coast with mountains on one side and the sea on the edge is fabulous. Check out Sollier, Deia, Valldemossa and Lluc. The view from the lighthouse at Cape Formentara at the very north west tip is outstanding. We also visited the Drach caves on the east coast and this was also a highlight, as they turn out the lights and have rowboats come out on the underground lake with classical musicians onboard who play a couple of pieces. Incredible.<BR><BR>Rent a VERY small car as most of the streets are extremely narrow (folding in your mirrors sometimes required). Watch out for parking areas that require a special pass. This is not obvious and I got 2 tickets before I realized what was going on. I even fed the meter and still got fined.<BR><BR>This was a great week and you should have wonderfull time. E-mail me if you need anything else.