Rodes for 3 days what to do ??

Mar 9th, 2003, 04:16 AM
Original Poster

Rodes for 3 days what to do ??

Any suggestions other than enjoying the beach ? 2 adults three kids under 14.
Mar 9th, 2003, 04:20 AM
AR

Hire a car and go to Lindos. Take a donkey ride up to the top (don't get one back down as it is too steep for the donkey - and you!). Drive to the very bottom of the island where there is a good beach.
There is an excellent water park in Falaraki where you can spend hours. Visit the old part of Rhodes town and just wander.
Mar 9th, 2003, 03:36 PM
Original Poster

Donkey.....my kids would love it !!
Mar 9th, 2003, 09:53 PM

....visit the butterflies park,and of course the castle of the templars...water sports and fishing!
Mar 14th, 2003, 02:57 AM
Original Poster

What about restaurants...any recommendations
Mar 24th, 2003, 02:35 AM
Original Poster

Best beach ?
Apr 5th, 2003, 12:51 PM

I took a day trip to Turkey by boat...with world situations I don't know that I would recommend it now. However, that was the highlight of my trip to Rhodes two years ago. I loved Marmaris, Turkey. It was a great day seeing the city, shopping and meeting the people. Absolutely beautiful.
Apr 24th, 2003, 11:49 AM

The Old City of Rhodes is surrounded by a wall (a real castle) and kids usually like walking near the walls and in the moat area which has signage explaining the site. There is the Palace of the Knights of St. John that the Crusaders used, a good archaeological museum and lovely shops and restaurants. Kids would enjoy checking out all the various kinds of boats and ships that are in the harbor - every kind and description. A day trip by ferry to Marmaris, Turkey, Kos or Symi is easy to do. There are a number of renovations of archaeological sites such as the former Muslim school and Turkish baths that show what Rhodes looked like under Turkish rule as opposed to Medieval. I also remember sitting in several parks with hundreds of cats watching me eat lunch.