Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Restaurants in Rome with View or Special Atmosphere

Jun 4th, 2005, 02:17 AM
Original Poster

Hi all,
I would appreciate tips on restaurants in rome that make for a unique experience. Ahh...if the food is top notch that might help to add to the experience...

thanks so much,
Tom
Jun 4th, 2005, 04:28 AM

I thought that dining in the gardens of the Hotel de Russie on a warm September evening was very special. We had the fabulous tasting menu.
Jun 4th, 2005, 05:24 AM

The food at La Pergola at the top of the Hilton Hotel (near the Vatican) is generally reviewed as among the best in Rome, and the view is said to be spectacular
Jun 4th, 2005, 05:06 PM

I can't give you a restaurant suggestion but I would like to comment on Cluso's statment that you should get a Michelin guide and ignore the Fodor's comments. In my experience all of the information I have gleaned from posters on this board have been spot on, including the restaurant suggestions. For example, during our recent trip to Paris we followed many of the recommendations from this message board and never got a bad meal at a place that was recommended from here. We had other good meals as well but the best ones were those we took from suggestions from everyone here. My husband soon got into the habit of asking where the Fodor's posters say we should eat next as he enjoyed those meals the most.
Jun 4th, 2005, 05:25 PM

The only nice restaurant with a view that I have eaten at in Rome is La Terrazza, on the top of the Hotel Eden. Because it's at a higher elevation, the view across Rome at sunset is expansive and fascinating. The food is also very good. Haven't had experience with any other places with a view. Good luck.
Jun 5th, 2005, 03:58 AM

Here's a link to info regarding 6 restaurants in Rome my husband and I particularly enjoyed, including Hotel Eden - there's lots of pictures of the food and one (bad) pic of the view.

http://www.geocities.com/richardandl...s_in_Rome.html