Reload this Page >

Restaurant in Florence

Search

Restaurant in Florence

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17th, 2002, 01:51 PM
Marillyn

Restaurant in Florence

I'm looking for a nice place for lunch or dinner in central Florence. There are 3 adults and 3 12-year old girls. We want good food, but not necessarily the most expensive place in town. Quick response much appreciated -- we will be there this Saturday! (I'm writing from Orvieto -- had no idea until today that there were plans to go to Florence.) I've been extolling the virtues of this website, so come on, fodorites, prove me right!!<BR>Thanks -- Marilyn

Old Jul 17th, 2002, 02:00 PM
xxx

Marilyn - very jealous as we were there in June (isn't Orvieto's Duomo amazing)...<BR><BR>The restaurants we ate at (all relatively reasonable and more traditional)<BR><BR>Quattro Leoni - pretty good food, nice outdoor patio. near the Pitti Palace<BR><BR>13 Gobbi - very fun and lively, near the Hotel Excelsior<BR><BR>Pane e Vino - very nice restaurant in the Oltrarno (take a cab, not far, just tough to find)<BR><BR>Osteria Caffe Italiano - a good lunch place near Sante Croce and right by Vivoli (gelato).<BR><BR>Other favorite Gelato is Perche No!<BR><BR>Also ate at the highly rated Beccofino, but thought this was a little too NY for our taste (love that in NY, just not in Florence)

Old Jul 17th, 2002, 03:00 PM
steve

Try La Giostra. The food is good and the atmosphere is interesting. It's a tiny place. The owner/chef comes out and recites the menu. His twin sons assist with service.

Old Jul 17th, 2002, 03:05 PM
Book Chick

Il Cavallino, 4 r via delle Farine. Good food, good prices, great service, wonderful location.<BR><BR>Buon Appetito & Buon Viaggio,<BR>BC

Old Jul 18th, 2002, 07:56 AM
Paul

ttt for Marilyn

Old Jul 18th, 2002, 08:01 AM
doug

Another vote for 13 Gobbi. My favorite in Florence

Old Jul 19th, 2002, 01:30 AM
Marilyn

Yay Fodorites!!<BR>Thanks so much for your suggestions and to Paul for tttopping it. I'll post the results! Only problem now will be choosing among the recommendations.<BR><BR>BTW, we ate last night at the Zepellin restaurant in Orvieto -- WOW! I'll post this under another thread later, but we had the most fantastic meal and the owner/chef is just wonderful. I could eat there every night I'm in Orvieto, except for the other wonderful restaurants...<BR>Thanks again --<BR>Marilyn

Old Jul 19th, 2002, 01:44 AM
Ursula

Hi M.!<BR><BR>Another vote for "13 Gobbi", Via del Porcellana 9r<BR><BR>"La Sostanza", Via de Porcellana 25r<BR><BR>Have a great trip!