Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rembrandt Hotel + London

Has anyone had any experience with the Rembrandt Hotel,
Blooms,
Strathmore,
May Fair
Chesterfield Mayfair

I am looking for a pedestrian area, with restaurants and shopping. And of course a great hotel at a great price.

Thanks
Old Jul 2nd, 2003, 01:32 AM

About 3 years ago we stayed at the Strathmore for 1 night, would have not even done that if we could have found another room that day. Our room was worn and the bathroom dirty. Also we were at the end of a deadend hallway and behind fire doors, so a fire would have had us blocked in. After being in 2 hotel fires, I was not comfortable at all!

We've been to many antique shows at the Rembrandt and a fried stayed there about 2 months ago. The hotel's public areas are very ice. My friends were delihgted with their room, large, clean and comfortable.

I can't imagine a better area than the Rembrandt's for shopping and museums. You would be right across fron the V&A and Natural History Museum. Harrod's and Beauchamp place are with in a 5 minute walk. Bromptom Rd , a 5-10 minute walk, has loads of restaurants and shops. You would be 5 minutes away from 2 differnt tube stations.
Old Jul 2nd, 2003, 04:33 AM

Agree with above poster about super location of Rembrandt and also would add that when we stayed there 2 years ago,we thought it was a great hotel. Our room was large, with a very large marble bathroom (and not just large by European standards!). Heartily recommend it!
Old Jul 2nd, 2003, 05:41 AM

I highly recommend the Rembrandt for anumber of the same reasons mentioned, comfortability, location, easy access to South Kenningston Tube, V&A, Harrods etc, etc. However, I have since been introduced to renting a flat and have found that to be my preference today, whether for a short or long stay.
Old Jul 2nd, 2003, 06:35 AM

Ditto for the above posts who are championing the Rembrandt. Stayed there in February and it was my BEST hotel experience in several years of traveling to London. Aside from all the positives noted above, the breakfast (included) was fantastic--a true buffet and served in the most beautiful, sunlit dining room.

I got an excellent deal using hotel-assist.com.

Have a great trip.