The Rembrandt Hotel-London

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3rd, 2018, 12:19 PM
Original Poster

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Just returned from London/UK and expected to see this hotel when I looked on this sites London hotel list. As it's not there, I thought I would post our impressions. Really enjoyed the Rembrandt. Excellent location/neighborhood for a London base. Across street from Victoria and Albert Museum and just down the road from Harrod's and Hyde Park. Great dining options in every direction, especially next to South Kensington tube stop. Hotel rooms are stylish with newer furnishings and small but well appointed bathrooms. Staff was extremely helpful with bags, directions, and making reservations for us. The hotel is afilliated with the Aquilla Health and Fitness Club next door. While not included in room cost, discounted access available and it is quite nice with a beautiful pool, sauna, and workout area. Also various spa services. each room has a smartphone made available for use for local calls, navigation, and web browsing which we thought was a great touch. The included breakfast buffet was a god bit above the average for any hotel. Near Harrod's, there is a section/neighborhood with a predominate Middle Eastern/Mediterranean population well worth exploring. The restaurants/bakeries/drinking establishments were very good, unique, and so friendly. Walking through there in the evening was quite unique for us with menus and hookah bars and language that were very colorful. Definitely try one of the delicious pastry shops. Easy tube distance to all the faves of London visitors. Recommended.
Old Oct 3rd, 2018, 06:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have stayed at the Rembrandt several times when traveling with family and agree it's an excellent choice. They also have connecting rooms another plus for families.

On our trip in 2016 our flight was delayed for 51/2 hours. I had booked us at a nearby pub for dinner but cancelled before we even left home knowing we"d probably not make it. We ended up eating in the bar/ lounge. They pulled some chairs and a couple of coffee tables together for us and it was one of the best meals we had. Something on the menu for every body and so convenient.
Old Oct 4th, 2018, 05:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Have stayed there several times. Nice rooms and great breakfast. Convenient to the museums and the tube.