Search

hotel recommendations in Kensington area of London

Search this Thread

Old May 30th, 2003, 05:11 AM
jon
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hotel recommendations in Kensington area of London

I was originally going to book at Ramada Jarvis Kensington since we stayed there once, but maybe there are other good choices out there and it would be good to try something different. We are looking for something preferrably close to the Glouchester tube station, and we want breakfast included, as well as common amenities like hair dryer. Luggage storage would be nice. We'd like to keep it under $120 a night. Thanks!
Old May 30th, 2003, 05:30 AM

Try the Adelphi, just around the corner from the Gloucester Road stop. I usually book through hotel-assist.com. The Montana has just been remodeled and the location is great, but I haven't stayed there.

Several people on here have reported getting excellent rates at the Millenium Bailey and Millenium Gloucester, as well, but I can't recall the booking engine used.
Old May 30th, 2003, 06:57 AM

i just stayed at the Park International Hotel. it's right near the gloucester rd tube stop. and i went to their web site and got a great deal...37# per night breakfast included. also tons of restaurants and grocery stores near you. look for special deals at http://www.parkinternationalhotel.com/

good luck.

The Park International Hotel
117-125 Cromwell Road, South Kensington London, London SW7 4DS, UK

Old May 30th, 2003, 06:58 AM

forgot to mention that it's a 3 star hotel.
Old May 30th, 2003, 07:13 AM

We just returned a week ago from our trip, and our last 2 nights were spent in London at the Milennium Bailey's Hotel, right across from the Gloucester Road tube station. We booked our room using priceline.com, and paid $80 per night plus taxes. They had originally assigned us a queen size bed, but on request, upgraded to a king at no additional charge. The room was clean, quiet, and certainly a value for the money. Directly across the street we found a pleasant restaurant for dinner--Black and White, and a place close by where a full breakfast of roll, eggs, fries, bacon, sausage, and beans was 3 pounds.
Old May 30th, 2003, 07:13 AM
jon
Original Poster

To ucsun: did you like Park International? Any negatives about the hotel? That's actually one I've been thinking of, so I was glad to hear about it from you also.
Old May 30th, 2003, 08:51 AM
jon
Original Poster

ttt
Old May 30th, 2003, 09:21 AM

Jon,
The Moat House hotelchain has a good offer right now. See http://www.moathousehotels.com/html/...rbreakconsumer

We stayed at the Kensington Moat House on Harrington Road last year. Location was perfect, with South Kensington tubestop at 2 min. walk. Harrington Rd however is a very busy street with traffic day & night, so bring earplugs!
Sloane Square Moat House location is as convenient and quieter.
Old May 30th, 2003, 02:27 PM

Also try the Harrington Hall- great prices and good breakfast- near the tube -good location-has LARGE rooms, esp if you are taking kids....
Old May 30th, 2003, 08:25 PM

jon,

i liked the park international. if i weren't so exhausted every night i probably would have found some negatives about it. but in reality the room provided a nice bed and clean bathroom. also the toilet has a very interesting flushing button...it has one label '1' and the other '2'. i thought it was the funniest thing ever.

but it's very convinient to 3 tube lines (district,circle, and piccadilly). also there are 2 grocery stores near by (sainsbury was awesome). there are a bunch of restaurants near the hotel if you need one.