Rembrandt hotel and tube station

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15th, 2004, 01:51 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have read numerous reviews about the Rembrandt hotel and its great location near attractions, but bottom line, how close is it to the nearest tube station? The hotel's website says it is 800yds to the South Kensington station. That seems quite a distance to me. Can someone who has been there tell me specifics as to the distance/time it takes to walk to the tube station? Thanks very much.
Old Jan 15th, 2004, 02:39 PM

Well. I am 65 and I can walk it ( S.Ken) in 5 or less minutes! And if I want another tube station I can be at the Knightsbridge tube in 5 minutes
Old Jan 15th, 2004, 05:40 PM

the rembrandt hotel in bangkok is good and has fabulous restaurants....oh wrong continent...
Old Jan 15th, 2004, 06:11 PM

I stayed at the Rembrandt last summer. It is less than a 5 min walk to the Tube at S.Ken, But the South Ken Tube can be confusing. The station has a tunnel that goes underground a way's, (I believe it connects the station with the Victoria and Albert Museum), one of the exits from this tunnel comes out just down the street from the hotel. The main exit from the station is another block or so away from the hotel. This was confusing for us as we arrived on the tube, got out the wrong exit and had a little trouble finding the hotel. I guess the map on the website I used (Hotel-assist) could have had a little more detail.
Old Jan 16th, 2004, 10:23 AM
Original Poster

Thank you Jody and Dsieve for your information. It seems that the station is not as far as 800yds (about 8 football fields!) or maybe that distance is a quicker walk than I thought. I was able to book a triple room (1 child) in August for 89 GBP inclusive of VAT and breakfast, and the proximity to a tube station was a big factor in the decision. Thanks again!!
Old Jan 16th, 2004, 11:52 AM

That is a great price for the Rembrandt; did you get that by calling them directly?
Old Jan 16th, 2004, 02:38 PM
Original Poster

Grandmere- I found a good rate in US$ on the BA Holidays website, but you have to pay for the room when you book, which I would prefer not to do, then again, it would at least lock you into a US$ price (changes and cancellations will cost you a fee). So I emailed the Rembrandt directly and asked if they could match or beat the price. 89GBP is pretty much the BA Holidays price, no up front payment, but if the US$ gets stronger by Aug. it may end up being an even better deal!