Anyone stay at the Gallery Hotel

Old Mar 18th, 2002, 07:05 PM
Taylor Winston

Anyone stay at the Gallery Hotel

We're going to London in June. We have reservations at the Gallery Hotel in Kensington. Has anyone stayed there? What did you think?

Old Mar 18th, 2002, 07:54 PM
Louise

topping b/c I'm thinking of staying there myself (also in June).

Old Mar 18th, 2002, 09:26 PM
Ronda

Yes, we stayed there and it was perfectly fine. The staff was very helpful, the rooms were decorated lovely, although it seemed that the artwork did not go with the decor, if that is a problem for you. Bathrooms large and modern, lovely breakfast room and breakfast, close to the South Kensington tube. Internet access YES YES YES

We did have a little trouble finding it (we walked from the tube station) as there are two streets with very similar names (Queen and Queensberry or something similar). Also coming out of the tube station, with jet lag, we got a little disorientated so don't be afraid to ask directions as the tube station itself is in the middle of almost a circular road. The Hotel is not very far at all from the tube station.

Old Mar 30th, 2002, 04:54 PM
topper

Topping

Old Oct 1st, 2002, 08:57 PM
Topper

Topping for Casey (who can't make up her mind?)

Old Oct 4th, 2002, 02:44 PM
tom

Hi,
We are thinking of staying there soon as a family of three. Has anyone stayed in the triple rooms?
How does this hotel differ from the Gainsborough (across the street, same owner?)
Thank you

Old Oct 5th, 2002, 04:50 PM

well??????

Old Oct 5th, 2002, 05:05 PM
t

topping

Old Oct 6th, 2002, 01:33 AM
Sophia

We were recommended to the Gainsborough by our wonderful tour guide Harry (www.London Tours.co.uk) and loved it.
The hotel is part of a group of three and the Gallery opposite is is in the same group.
Very comfortable rooms,great bathroom and nice choice of breakfast included in rate.
Hubby adores the location two minutes walk of museums and five minutes
from Hyde Park.
Have fun
Sophia

Old Oct 16th, 2002, 05:34 PM
JK

Just returned from a 5-night stay at the Gallery. We paid 145 pounds/night but did a special where we got one night free. My parents smaller room was 120 pounds/night.

I would recommend with one caveat on the hotel service/management. It seemed rather disorganized, and was difficult to order room service, or get our laundry back, or get the room vacuumed the day we checked in, although otherwise it was clean. For that price I would expect a nightly refresh of the room, but that was not included.

My summary would be that it is a lovely hotel, nicely decorated, very good breakfast, close to tube (S. Kensington) and Hyde Park. Only negative was the service, which may simply be poor management. The Gainsborough across the street (same ownership) seemed to get more attention from the staff.

Old Oct 16th, 2002, 05:36 PM
topper

I am topping a trip report from someone who just came back from staying at the Gallery.

Old Oct 16th, 2002, 05:36 PM
t

topping Thrilled to go to London again. they stayed at the Gallery.

Old Nov 11th, 2002, 05:44 AM
tom

Hi,
I am searching to find updated information on the Gallery Hotel.
We will be staying in a triple room.
I read one comment that called it "Shabby" but others seemed positive.
Any additional comments?

Old Nov 17th, 2002, 08:10 AM
c

Hi,
Looking for updated information on the hotel.
I plan to stay there next week and want to make sure that I didn't make a mistake.
We will be staying in one off the triple rooms.
If anyone had any other suggestions for a well located triple, please let me know.
Thank you,
C.

Old Nov 17th, 2002, 09:30 AM

topping

Old Nov 17th, 2002, 04:30 PM
paul

I am getting nervous at the lack of response here! I am also planning on staying there next week!
Does no one have anything positive to say???????
I have checked past threads and I see very mixed reviews!
Should I start looking elsewhere?(If it is not too late!)
I don't want a bad hotel experince to ruin our trip.
I thought that I had done alot of research and had been happy with my choice, now not so sure!

Old Nov 17th, 2002, 08:01 PM

please help