Redesheimer-Schloss Hotel

Old Sep 11th, 2006, 08:06 PM
Original Poster

Redesheimer-Schloss Hotel

There will be 4 of us staying at the Redesheimer-Schloss Hotel in the Rheingau Region next year. They offer us a double room with balcony to the garden, or a double room without a balcony on the quiet side of their hotel. Has anyone ever stayed there and offer any suggestions. I know the garden side will be alot noisier due to all the bars, but we would like to have a balcony. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. We have to let them know our preference in 2 weeks.

Thanks alot, Phyllis
Old Sep 12th, 2006, 12:16 PM
Original Poster

Hi,

Phyllis here...I hope someone responds to my email in regard to the Redesheimer-Schloss Hotel. We need to make a decision on our room. Do we want a room with a balcony overlooking the garden, or room without a balcony on the quieter side of the hotel. Has anyone ever stayed there and have an imput on this subject. Thanks
Old Sep 12th, 2006, 03:08 PM

Phyllis - it is very likely that you have not received a response because there is no Redesheimer-Schloss Hotel in the Rheingau region (that I can find). Now if you are referring to the Rüdesheimer-Schloss Hotel in Rüdesheim you might get a response or two. I have never stayed there (too expensive for my budget) but I have heard good things about it. You will also find several good reviews on the TripAdvisor website. Just Google "Rudesheimer-Schloss" and the trip advisor website will be the first link to pop up... Ben
Old Sep 12th, 2006, 06:47 PM
Original Poster

Hi Ben,

Thanks for replying to my thread.Yes, it is in the Rudesheim area, my mistake. My question about the room is about if we really want a balcony where we can sit out, but will have all the bar noise to contend with. The one without the balcony is on the quiet side of the hotel. I did go trip advisor and read the few comments. They were all good, but nothing about the accommodations. I guess I will have to take my chances.
Old Sep 13th, 2006, 02:11 AM

Phyllis - as I said I have never stayed at the Rüdesheimer Schloss Hotel but I have eaten at the Drosselhof in the Drosselgasse and it sits right beside your hotel. Every hour on the hour everything and everyone stops to listen to the Glockenspiel in the tower of the Rüdesheimer Schloss because you have no choice. It is so loud you cannot hear anything else but the bells. If the room you are offered with a balcony is overlooking the Drosselgasse - if it were me - I would opt for the quieter side of the hotel and a good nights sleep. The Drosselgasse is very loud with music and revelry well into the morning hours - unless it is cold or rainy and not so many tourists... Ben
Old Sep 13th, 2006, 06:19 AM

Phyllis:

We have stayed several time sat the Rüdesheimer Schloss and I can't recall that there are any rooms with a balcony as such, and we've had rooms on both sides of the hotel. On their web site you will see that the rooms are modern and mostly very large. We were once put in the room that is directly behind the mechanism for the glockenspeil and it was a bit noisey but the bell system shuts down late evening. We were never really bothered by the street noise and I seem to recall that the rooms on the 'quiet' side were really not that much quieter. I think that you need to make your choice depending somewhat on what time of the year you'll be there and how late into the evening you'll be crashing. We 've stayed at the RS late in the fall when there is very little outside activity or noise at all. For me the ambience of the Drösselgasse is part of why I am there and it doesn't bother me at all.

Although furnished modern, the Rüdesheimer Schloss was at one time a small palace and was badly damaged during WWII. There are lots of pictures of same hanging in the hallways. Their restaurant is one of the larger in Rüdesheim and the fare and entertainment are quite good. It fronts on the Drösselgasse as does their garden restaurant under the glockenspeil. The hotel lobby entrance is on the next street, at Steingasse 10, parallel to the Drösselgasse. They have their own parking area directly across from the lobby.

The RS is owned by the Georg Bruer Winery, which is well worth a visit. It is only a few blocks away and they have a wonderful wine cellar/tasting rooms in caves under the winery. The hotel reception can direct you there.

Hotel web site http://ruedesheimer-schloss.com/
Their winery web site http://www.georg-breuer.com/estart/estart.html
Old Sep 13th, 2006, 12:16 PM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone. I went ahead and reserved 2 double rooms with a balcony. We will be staying there for 3 nights the middle of April of next year. We figured what the heck we will just deal with the noise. We have earplugs and we take Ambien to sleep. So hopefully we will get some sleep anyway. Thanks for all your information, I really appreciate it very much.