Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

British Airways Split-London flight for 90 Euros in May - should I book or wait?

British Airways Split-London flight for 90 Euros in May - should I book or wait?

Sep 13th, 2006, 08:22 AM
Original Poster

Hi everyone,
I'm very excited today because my husband and I just booked our FF tickets to Europe for May 2007! Now the real planning can begin! Though our trip is to Slovenia and Croatia, we're flying into Paris (Apr 28th) and out of London (May 15th) because we only had enough miles to fly into Western Europe, so we were planning to try and find cheap flights into Slovenia and out of Croatia from there. We can fly Wizzair from Brussels into Ljubljana (take train from Paris - Brussels same day as flight) so I think I have that part sorted out....Then for getting back to London after Croatia I found flights from Split - London on British Airways for about 90 Euros - my question is, should I book this now? It seems so far in advance and I have no idea if that price would come down if I wait. Is this a good fare for that flight? There don't seem to be many other low-cost carriers operating between Croatia and London, so I'm not sure if this is my only option...Advice?
Sep 13th, 2006, 08:37 AM

< There don't seem to be many other low-cost carriers operating between Croatia and London >

Easyjet from Split, Wizzair from Split, Skyeurope from Split, Wizzair from Zagreb, Skyeurope from Dubrovnik, Easyjet from Rijeka, Ryanair fom Pula, Skyeurope from Zadar or if that isn't enough choice hop over the border & fly Ryanair from Trieste or Easyjet/Wizzair from Ljubljana
Sep 13th, 2006, 08:47 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the info, Alan. We are hoping to fly out of Split so at your suggestion I checked Easyjet, but unless they revise their schedule for next Spring, they currently don't fly between Split and London on Sundays or Mondays (we would need to fly on one of these two days, preferrably Sunday) so I think that option is out. Skyeurope flights are also more expensive than the British Airways one so I would prefer to use BA if possible. So my question still remains: Is 90 Euros pretty good for a direct flight on BA in May, or should I hang tight and hope it might come down a bit?
Sep 13th, 2006, 10:44 AM

Hi Amanada-

I'm struggling with a similar dilemma:
BA.com is now offering flights from LHR to Athens for $109 for our dates in May. I am tempted just to go ahead and book it, as I'm sure the prices will only go up. I can't imagine the fares would ever be much lower than that on a large carrier like BA.
Sep 13th, 2006, 11:41 AM

I flew British Airways round trip from Gatwick to Split in May of this year for $203. Booked in February for the May flight. Sounds like you are getting a similar price, though perhaps slightly higher because it's one-way. If I had taken the time to research I might have been able to get lower fares on the smaller airlines, but my flights were good and the times were convenient, and the hassle factor was minimal, so I was happy.