Search

Hotel du Louvre

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11th, 2004, 01:57 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hotel du Louvre

Hi,

Planning a visit to Paris in July (not the best time, I know). Made reservations at the Hotel du Louvre on rue du Rivoli. I know the area, but don't recall the hotel. Has anyone stayed there? If so, please post your opinions on the hotel.

Thanks!!
Old Mar 11th, 2004, 02:25 PM

Hi,
Hotel du Louvre! Great hotel. It is part of the Concorde chain, which also owns The Crillon. There is a nice restaurant in the hotel. They serve a great breakfast too. My family and I have stayed at the hotel four times.As you can tell, we really like this hotel.
Have a good time.
Ileane
Old Mar 11th, 2004, 02:51 PM

Stayed there during last year's heat wave. First night, A/C didn't work (at all!), in a VERY SMALL ROOM. Acknowledging the unusual weather and burden to the system, we stayed in the room the 2nd night after they sent a repair crew up to "fix" it. Second night, no better. Told them we wanted another room. None available, except the suite, which we had to take (and had to pay the extra $ for)just to get some sleep for the remainder of our stay. Beautiful hotel and location, but a little disappointed in this ordeal. Be careful in July-probably won't be as hot as last summmer's heat wave, but I got the impression the A/C system isn't the most effective!
Old Mar 11th, 2004, 03:31 PM

So now you have two diverse comments. I think maybe if you can email the hotel and let them know what type of room you desire they may be able to accomodate you or at least allow you to put in a request.
Old Mar 11th, 2004, 03:38 PM

I know I've seen plenty of prior feedback on this hotel here. Most favorable, if I recall.

Try typing "hotel du louvre" in the text box to pull up lots of threads.

Paris.org has many comments on this hotel. You might also look at tripadvisor.com and venere.com to see if there are guest comments there.
Old Mar 11th, 2004, 03:59 PM

i've stayed at the hotel du louvre 3 times and sent friends...beautiful hotel in a wonderful location. i'd go back in a minute. great restaurants in the area..metro right there.
Old Mar 11th, 2004, 04:23 PM
kr

They do have some really small rooms at this hotel, just make sure you do not get one. I loved the hotel and the location after switching rooms.