Recommmend Accomodations

Search

Recommmend Accomodations

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9th, 2006, 09:38 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Recommmend Accomodations

Please recommend cheap, clean, central/accessible accomodation in the following cities;

1 - Vienna
2 - Salzburg
3 - Hallstatt
4 - Heiligenblut
5 - Hall/Innsbruck

I am travelling alone. I already have some good suggestions from other Fodorites that checked out fine, so am going to trust your judgement. Thanks. Sikki

Old Jul 9th, 2006, 09:44 AM

Try the Fuerstenhof:
http://www.hotel-fuerstenhof.at/index2.htm
It is by the Westbahnhof, and only about 5 or so minutes by U-bahn to city center. Good buffet breakfast is included and I think they still offer a 10% discount for booking over the internet. We loved the place.
Old Jul 9th, 2006, 09:46 AM

For Salzurg, try Trude's B&B:
http://www.trudeshome.com/index.htm
Old Jul 9th, 2006, 12:00 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
sikki: Operaman has already helped you -- but to get more input you might want to re-post w/ a better title. At least including "Austria", but even better w/ more detail. "Recommmend Accomodations" is just too generic and could be asking about anywhere in Europe.

Also - when you re-post include your budget. "Cheap" means a lot of different things to different people.
Old Jul 9th, 2006, 12:07 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
Now I notice this one <b> is </b> a re-post of your other thread titled &quot;Cheap Accomodations&quot;.

My advice to re-post still stands. There is just one forum - Europe - so all threads are lumped together. If you want folks who know about these cities they need to see your threads. And the best way for that to happen is to have more details in the title.
Old Jul 10th, 2006, 12:55 AM
Original Poster

Suggestions were very useful. Will re-post. Thanks. Sikki
Old Jul 17th, 2006, 01:54 PM

We stayed at the Gasthof Zauner in Hallstatt: http://zauner.hallstatt.net/restaurant.php?lang=en#

We had a nice, clean room with a balcony looking out toward the lake. Nice location. Great restaurant downstairs. We are still talking about the Mixed Grill for 2. We ate dinner there twice in our 3 night stay.
Old Jul 17th, 2006, 02:44 PM

The Zauner in Hallstatt is a nice hotel but isn't what I'd call &quot;cheap&quot;. You can probably do better at Gasthof Simony. It's right on the Lake and in the center of Hallstatt. It's a little worn but clean. Breakfast is great with homemade rolls and hot chocolate along with all the other usual items. If you do book, just be sure you reconfirm a few days before you arrive. Suzannah, the owner, is elderly and has been know to mess up the reservations. But she is a delightful lady who speaks some English.
Old Jul 17th, 2006, 02:46 PM

Also, for your stay in Hall, check out the Gasthof Badl. Rustic, clean accommodations right on the River Inn. Great location just a short walk to the old town of Hall. Good breakfast and restaurant. We paid around 63 Euro for a double in 2005.
Old Jul 18th, 2006, 02:58 AM
JN

What's cheap? If looking for a place in Salzburg for around 100 Euro, consider the Am Dom. Great altstadt location, most rooms really spacious, helpful owner.