Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Recommendations for inexpensive (AKA - cheap!) but good B&B's in London's southwest area

Search

Recommendations for inexpensive (AKA - cheap!) but good B&B's in London's southwest area

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28th, 2005, 06:44 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi everyone,

I'm interested in any recommendations you might have for, as stated in the title, cheap but good B&B's in London's southwest. I have previously stayed in the Earl's Court area and think that is really the area in which I'd like to concentrate. I've only been once before, but I feel it's safe enough for two women to stay there. I walked through the area by myself a couple nights on my last stay.

A gf and I are planning a girls get-away for March 2006 to celebrate a few recent accomplishments. But, even though it's a celebration, we still want to keep the accomodations on the cheap so we can enjoy more activities. I've stayed in the Comfort Inn there, but from what I can find so far, it's not available for our intended week. To us, the hotel is only a place to sleep, shower, and get a continental breakfast.

Any thoughts would be welcomed. I'll check out just about anything to make an educated decision. Thanks in advance!

Jenn
Old Sep 29th, 2005, 01:46 AM

Hi

I haven't stayed here and it's not a B&B but this place in Kensington looks nice at an excellent price - http://www.bluebellshotel.com. Try also - http://www.kensingtonmanorhotel.co.uk.

Hope this helps.
Old Sep 29th, 2005, 02:38 AM

What kind of budget are you talking about?
Old Sep 29th, 2005, 02:57 AM

There have been tons of threads about inexpensive London hotels. Here's one with a lot of suggestions: http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...p;tid=34537042

I was there last March. My trip report might be useful to you. http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...p;tid=34593397

It's definitly possible to enjoy London and not spend a fortune. I've been two of the last four March's and the weather was quite nice both years.

I accidentally just posted this reply to another thread I had opened looking for the links above, so there's another one that got "topped" with some more suggestion in it.

Old Sep 29th, 2005, 08:08 AM
Original Poster

<<What kind of budget are you talking about?>>

Carry - I found one hotel that ran around 52GBP per night in Victoria section (I think...I have the link at home). Honestly, I was looking around that range to maybe 65GBP per night for a twin. Give or take a few pounds, it really depends on what comes for the money. If it's worth it, I'll spend a bit more.

Thanks a lot to everyone else that posted. I appreciate you finding the old threads too, that's a great place to start.
Old Sep 29th, 2005, 08:31 AM
MaureenB

If you would consider the Hyde Park neighborhood, we enjoyed the Hyde Park Radnor last June. It's in a great mostly residential location for walking, with pubs and restaurants nearby. Plus an easy walk of just a few blocks to Paddington Station for transit. It's just about a block north of Hyde Park, and easy enough to walk to Kensington Palace. Also several nice-looking little hotels on their block, so maybe they could recommend one if they're full. The Hyde Park Radnor includes a full, hot breakfast-- which isn't fancy but does include eggs cooked to order, toast, ham, cereal, etc. Our room was quite small for a 'quad' room, but for just two it should be fine. My trip report includes recommendations for good restaurants:
http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...eenB&fid=2

Old Sep 30th, 2005, 08:06 AM
Original Poster

Does anyone have any info on London Town Hotel? I've looked at a review site and it seems pretty well liked there, I was just wondering if anyone from Fodors had experience there.

Thanks!
Old Sep 30th, 2005, 10:57 AM
MaureenB

Londontown.com has a good reservation site where you can specify type of lodging, price range, and area desired. That's how we reserved last June.

Old Oct 3rd, 2005, 05:08 AM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone, we've got our B&B down. Now just to book the flights and we're good to go. It's a little less than six months away, but I'm still like a kid that can't sleep on Christmas Eve. =oD

Thanks for the help!
Old Oct 3rd, 2005, 06:56 AM

I stayed a year of so ago at the Windemere Bed & Breakfast in Pimlico neighborhood. Reasonably priced, clean, big bathroom with a nice neighborhood restaurant in the basement. It was walking distance to Vic. Station. Believe it is reviewed in www.tripadvisor.com.