London - quirky place to stay

Old Feb 24th, 2006, 10:41 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
London - quirky place to stay

Has anyone a suggestion for a place to stay in London for one night before catching the Eurostar to Paris? there will be 2 couples and we'd like a B&B or boutique style hotel in an interesting location but not too pricey! (not asking for much are we?).
Old Feb 24th, 2006, 11:18 PM

You'll want to mention what "not too pricey" means to you. For some it's $75/night, others will say "not too pricey" is $500.

This is a very budget place we'ves stayed in London near Victoria Station. We've stayed here twice now, and I like the location, the price, and its walking distance from Buck Palace and the Westminster area. Around $100 per night for a small double (the room is small, but clean and with its own bath, bed is fine).

It's right behind Victoria Station, and we've loved it. It might be a little "not too pricey", but take a look...

http://www.cherrycourthotel.co.uk/index.htm
Old Feb 25th, 2006, 01:55 AM

Hi

Try B&B Victorian. I had a web address - http://www.victorian.ws - but it doesn't seem active now. I've emailled them but in the meantime try -http://www.bedandbreakfast.com/england/
victorian-london.html. Otherwise this one is pretty funky - http://www.bb-belgravia.com

Cheers
Old Feb 25th, 2006, 04:52 AM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
You'll get all sorts of great suggestions - but they will be useless unless we know your budget. As jules says, one person's not too pricey is another's huge splurge, or rock bottom

When you say "boutique style hotel" it seems you mean fairly up-market. London is an expensive city so you might have sticker shock when you see room rates.

So let us know how much you are willing to pay and we can help more . . . . .
Old Feb 25th, 2006, 01:00 PM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone - l mean up to 200AUD
(Australian Dollars). l will follow the threads!
Old Feb 25th, 2006, 01:19 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
Not sure exactly what the Oz $ is trading to the £ (I could look it up but I seem to remember it is around 2.35 or 2.40 to the &pound If that's near - you are only talking about £85. Did you mean 200 AUD for 2 or for all 4 of you?

You can find all sorts of semi-basic B&Bs/hotels in that range - but not many boutique-ish ones.

To give you an idea, the B&B Belgravia worldinabag mentions is about £95 double.

The Cherry Court is definitely w/i you price range - and they even have a quad room to save a bit more.

Old Feb 25th, 2006, 03:40 PM

I believe the Sanctuary House Hotel, a long block from Westminster Bridge and Westminster Abbey, is 95 pounds for a double room at the weekend, unless they've raised the price. It's a nice, nearly-new small hotel above a Fuller's Pub (but not noisy). The rooms (all ensuite doubles) are large and nicely furnished. Size-wise, it would qualify as a "boutique hotel", but I wouldn't classify it that way otherwise---it's not trendy or whatever else that term might mean---just a pleasant, 3-star place in a perfect location (for us). We have stayed here 3 times so far and would always go back.
Old Feb 25th, 2006, 04:22 PM

I can vouch for the B&B Belgravia. We stayed there in December for 7 nights and had a great experience.

Free internet access in the lobby, great breakfast, clean rooms, lovely service, and 24hr cappuccino machine.

Good location near Victoria Station and Buckingham Palace.

Good luck and have fun!
Old Feb 25th, 2006, 05:03 PM
Original Poster

Worldinabag was spot on with the suggestion of B&B Belgravia - it looks exactly right for the right price and location! Thankyou sooooo much!