Reload this Page >

Recommendation for B&B

Search

Recommendation for B&B

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19th, 2002, 04:28 PM
RunSam

Recommendation for B&B

Hello fellow travelers, like to get any info. bad or good about the following B&B,<BR>In Avoca: Cherrybrook country house or Sheepwalk house.In inistioge.Co. Kelkenny Cullintra house.In Ennis Newpark house.<BR>If any of you have dealing with any of the above please post your experince. Thanks for all.<BR>Sam

Old Aug 19th, 2002, 05:14 PM
Danna

Sam... I don't know about these B&B's but if you don't get replies soon, I suggest that you indicate "B&Bs in Avoca... Inistioga and Innis." That way those with more experience are more likely to respond. If you go to County Antrim, NI I recommend the Meadows B&B in Cushendall tho!!!! you can visit the Glenariff Forest Park.... magical.. Have a grand time... but for the moment... ttt

Old Aug 19th, 2002, 06:21 PM
Sue

We stayed at the Cherrybrook in Avoca last October and wasn't impressed. There are very nice B&B's in Ireland but I wouldn't go back to this one. The town of Avoca was also a disappointment. You could see all of it in an hour or so.

Old Aug 23rd, 2002, 04:16 AM
mike

I would pass on Sheepwalk House ! My wife and I stayed there one night last July. The rooms were OK, but it is in the country, not particularly scenic and the hosts weren't all that friendly !

Old Aug 24th, 2002, 07:14 AM
DIANE

sam,<BR>We stayed in sheepwalk house in june. The room was one of two double superior rooms for 69 us dollars. I was very happy with it, the view from our bedroom window was beauitful you could see arklow bay. The hosts were very friendly and helped us with things like where to eat, and what to see. <BR>The house sits on a hill and was built in 1727. The little town of avoca is close by and so are the avoca weavers, they had the best buys of any where we visted in Ireland. <BR>We had to ask for a hairdryer it was not in our room. I found it to be a very nice place.<BR>Hope this helps, Diane<BR>

Old Sep 2nd, 2002, 10:08 AM
Nancy

We have stayed at the Cullintra House for two days each for five years now. We really enjoy it there because it is a unique experience. We especially enjoy meeting others at Patricia's wonderful candlelight dinners. The room we choose is the loft in the barn, but to be honest, although the room is huge, the bed is a futon. The room in the barn below the barn is smaller but has a more comfortable bed. You should also be aware that dinners can start very late (10:30 or later) and that there are many cats. Inistioge is a beautiful area and the grounds at the Cullintra House are wonderful to explore. Please feel free to email me if you want more information.

Old Sep 20th, 2002, 06:50 AM
yvonne

We stayed at Cherrybrook country house in Avoca on Sunday Sept 15. It is really nothing special. The room we were in was incredibly small. You could probably do better than that one. I wouldn't stay there again. There is a really nice B&B in Gorey (Wexford) that is not too far from Avoca -maybe 45 minutes away, and it is Hillside House ( you can find it on the net by looking through the B&B site at www.ireland.ie. It was a delightful place with a great breakfast and our room was gorgeous. It is one I would highly recommend.

Old Sep 20th, 2002, 03:45 PM
Rick

We were there just last week and stayed at the WoodBridge Hotel (in Woodbridge) just outside AVOCA and it was great. 120 Euros a night.

Old Sep 20th, 2002, 06:09 PM
Mel

I'll second the poster who said not to stay in Avoca. Although it was the setting for Ballykissangel, it's tiny. Just one street of tight little shops, Fitzgerald's pub, the church at the end and a nice woolen outlet. You can do it all in about an hour. We also had difficulty finding the turnoff, and we were with locals.<BR><BR>We based in Dalkey and really liked it.

Old Sep 22nd, 2002, 01:09 PM
RunSam

Thanks Mel, but where is Dalkey?<BR><BR>Runsam

Old Sep 22nd, 2002, 01:52 PM
Mel

RunSam: Look just south of Dublin, along the coast. It's just outside of (I won't spell this right) Don Laeghere (pronounced Dun Leerie). Bono lives there.<BR><BR>

Old Oct 4th, 2002, 01:55 PM
dun laoghaire

It's only pronounced Dun Leerie by Dublin 4. yuppies who pronounce crash as "creche". The correct way to say it is:<BR>"Dun Lair ra" or, anglicised, Dun Lair Re<BR>

Old Oct 5th, 2002, 10:46 AM
Laoghaire

Hello Dun Laoghaire...sorry to disagree with you, but it is Dun Leary (Leery) in my books...Leary is my maiden name...Helen

Old Oct 7th, 2002, 09:55 AM
dun laoghaire

Sorry, I live there and have lived there for 35 years and the correct way to pronounce it as I have previously indicated..

Old Oct 8th, 2002, 01:18 PM
sting

'tis a waspish season

Old Oct 9th, 2002, 12:46 PM
Laoghaire

Sting-true///Dun Laoghaire...touche'-methinks you have won on age...Helen