Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Where has my post about cc airmiles gone?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9th, 2002, 08:44 AM
anon

I posted earlier today about airmiles rewards you get from credit cards. Several people had answered before I had to leave for work but it now appears to have been deleted. All answers that I'd seen were "sensible" so I'm at a loss as to why it has been deleted. Does anyone know?

Old Oct 9th, 2002, 10:08 AM
anon

anyone know? My post was about the fact that my cc company gives me 1 airmile for every pound I spend but gives anyone living in the US 1 airmile for every DOLLAR they spend.Over a year, it means that I am earning a lot less a miles than my US counterpart(with the same cc company).Andrea wrote that she is an American living in Asia who gets no airmiles and Surlok commented on the fact that different cards have different rewards. Did someone's comments after these cause the post to be deleted? And are there more comments?

Old Oct 9th, 2002, 11:24 AM
pat

the censors often delete the the most innocent of posts and leave offensive posts to carry on.

Old Oct 9th, 2002, 12:14 PM
Mike

The credit card associations, Visa and Mastercard, do not set the rules for how many miles per dollars you earn, as a matter of fact they do not set the rules for any of the reward programs be it miles, hotel stays, etc. It is actually the bank who issues the card that makes the rules. So, it's your bank. In the U.S., some banks offer more miles per dollars than others, it varies greatly.

Old Oct 9th, 2002, 12:56 PM
anon

thanks for the reply Mike but in my case the card is issued by American Express itself. My Visa on the other hand is obviously issued through a bank.