Search

Euro to Dollar

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9th, 2002, 10:49 AM
myra

Euro to Dollar

Hi, Just returned from Italy, and had no time to go to the bank. I leave in N.J. Where can I exchange the euro for dollars? Thanks Myra

Old Oct 9th, 2002, 10:52 AM
xxx

Any major bank should be able to handle the transaction or the currency excange office at the airport.<BR><BR>Hope you had a great trip.

Old Oct 9th, 2002, 11:02 AM
go again : )

I save mine for the next trip! That way you don't have to deal with money exchange first thing upon arrival.

Old Oct 9th, 2002, 11:02 AM
Rex

See this related message on travel-board.com<BR><BR>http://www.travel-board.com/index.php?board=2;action=display;threadid=316<BR>< BR>I never think about this until it's too late - - after passing through passport control, and twiddling my thumbs at the airport gate.<BR><BR>But why don't we get rid of our last few euros right at the airport by standing near the gate of arriving passengers? Why use the bank as a middle man? Departing passengers should simply stand outside the arriving passengers area with euros in an out stretched hand - - and then exchange with arriving passengers one for one for US dollars.<BR><BR>We never think to do this when we are departing.<BR><BR>Anyone ever tried such a thing?<BR><BR>I'd be interested to hear about any such experiences - - and especially if you try it as a result of my posting the suggestion here.<BR><BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex<BR><BR>I encourage you to respond to any thoughts on this notion there.<BR><BR>And for this one time, I will confess -- this IS, in a reasonable sense of the word, "hijacking" this thread, even though the content of the original and my tangent are clearly similar.<BR><BR>I apologize to myra.<BR>

Old Oct 9th, 2002, 01:07 PM
topper

for myra.<BR>