Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Rainy rainy go away, little mamaw wants to play

Old Mar 17th, 2008, 03:55 PM
Original Poster

Hello all my friends at fodor's...

my Momma got out of the hospital today. She is at home resting and doing better. She is going for a MRI in the morning. My DD is taking her there. Thanks for all your love and support.

Well I'm in Tours (don't pronounce the S) France. We have been to London, Portsmouth,Brittney,bayeux,tours and we leave for paris in the morning. We have been rained on the entire time. Cold nasty rain. It was fitting for the Normandy beaches and Utah cemetary but it was awful for all the other places. We have gotten soaked to the bone, umbrella's are useless when the wind is blowing it apart. But we have had a good time otherwise. The kids have been real troopers and they are so excited for Paris, they are actually in bed a sleep. Well maybe not all of them.

sorry about the typo errors, but I have only a few minutes to use the internet and I just wanted to say thanks again for your prayers and kindness. Love to all....Mamaw
Old Mar 17th, 2008, 04:09 PM

Oh Mamaw, I am so happy to hear your mother is doing better. I know you will enjoy your vacation more, knowing she is at home now.

Too bad for the rain. Sometimes that tends to ruin trips, but it sounds as if you are making the most of it, especially your children.

At least in Paris you can stop by Laduree and sip some hot chocolate to warm your bones!
Old Mar 17th, 2008, 05:23 PM

Hey Mamaw

Im glad to hear your mom is out of the hospital. And sorry about the rain.

Is this a group trip? That's the impression I had; these aren't your children, are they?

Have a wonderful time in Paris!
Old Mar 17th, 2008, 05:29 PM

Good news about your mom! Forget the rain and don't let it slow you down -- bundle up, get a good umbrella and go, go, go. Have a wonderful time!
Old Mar 17th, 2008, 05:31 PM

Hello Theresa, bah rain! I will speak to the weather gods and tell them you need some sunshine!

Good news about your mother and bless your daughter for helping her grandmother.

As always it is good to hear from you. And don't forget, red wine can take the chill off of you!
Old Mar 17th, 2008, 05:44 PM

tuscan, you're right. She's traveling with a group of teenagers. Thanks for the reminder.
Old Mar 17th, 2008, 05:51 PM

Theresa, I was JUST thinking about you and trying to find your other thread! So glad you checked in and so glad your mother is doing better. Nothing like the rain to make a trip more interesting. I know the kids are having a great time. It is so fun (and different) to travel with them. Keep us posted on your adventures.
Old Mar 17th, 2008, 05:54 PM

Swiss: amazing that I can remember anything at all. But I did remember that this was a group trip for Theresa. Or so I thought. Sometimes I "remember" things very incorrectly. Just ask DH.
Old Mar 18th, 2008, 01:07 AM

Shame about the rain, Mamaw but glad to hear your mother is doing better. That has to be a relief.