Reload this Page >

rail travel from CDG to toulouse

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26th, 2002, 02:22 PM
Pat

can anyone (andre?) give me advise on how best to route my husband who arrives paris cdg at approximately 10 am and wants to proceed from there, if possible, to toulouse? if this is a crazy idea or wacky layover, alternative suggestions are welcome.<BR><BR>pat<BR>

Old Oct 26th, 2002, 02:31 PM
xxx

whathaveyougot toulouse?<BR><BR>just couldn't resist.<BR>

Old Oct 26th, 2002, 02:50 PM
StCirq

I just did a quick search on www.sncf.fr and I don't think it's possible to go directly from CDG. I think he needs to go either to the Gare Montparnasse and take the TGV to Bordeaux and change there for Toulouse (about a 6.5-hour trip) or to the Gare d'Austerlitz and take the regular train to St-Pierre-des-Corps and switch there (about 7.5 hours). There is a TGV from Montparnasse, e.g., at 12:20 that would get him to Toulouse at about 6:45.<BR><BR>It might be far easier to fly.

Old Oct 26th, 2002, 03:05 PM
xxxx

Agree flying is best route in this case.<BR>Actually - if he happens to fly into CDG with Air France - the cost of the CDG/TLS leg is minimal.

Old Oct 30th, 2002, 04:39 AM
Luis

Pat:<BR><BR>After having lived for 2 yrs in Toulouse, I truly learned to love the city; it's views, architecture, the women!!, restaurants, theater etc. HOWEVER!!. unless your husband likes riding on trains for at least 5 hrs, I would advise him to fly from either CDG or Orly. There are only 3 TGV's that I am aware of that take at least 5 hrs to Toulouse via Bordeaux and regular SNCF trains take 8 hrs or so. At present, the TGV one way fare is about 90 Euros for a 2nd class seat..hardly cheap...Hop on the plane!<BR><BR>Regards..<BR>Luis<BR><BR>Regards..<B R>Luis

Old Oct 30th, 2002, 05:43 AM
Daniel

There are direct TGVs twice a day from CDG to Toulouse, 7:32 (arriving 14:10) and 13:45 (20:13).

Old Nov 4th, 2002, 05:59 PM
Patricia

Daniel -- Can you help me with info on where to reserve for thedirect train from CDG to Toulouse. And in case this does not work out, does anyone have advise on how to get from CDG to Orly to catch a flight out of there.<BR><BR>Thanks,<BR>Pat

Old Nov 4th, 2002, 06:05 PM
StCirq

Pat:<BR><BR>You can make reservations on the TGV at www.sncf.fr<BR><BR>There is a shuttle bus that operates between CDG and Orly. If you can tell me which terminal at CDG you'll be coming from, I can tell you which gate to catch the shuttle at.