Direct train to Toulouse?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5th, 2014, 06:55 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I cannot seem to get a direct train from CDG to Toulouse on the voyages-sncf site. All the options involve a change of trains and a six plus hour journey. Prem tickets do not come up as an option, in fact it won't show me any possibilities for dates beyond the end of February.

I'm wondering if this is a problem with the website, or if there are really no direct trains to Toulouse?

If no direct train , I 'm wondering if we should pick a destination that is a relatively short train trip 2 to 3 hours at most and break up our journey. We will be working our way down to Limoux , so could just drive the rest of the way the following day.

What favorite destinations do you have , Fodorites?
Old Jan 5th, 2014, 07:45 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
There are direct trains to Toulouse BUT you'll have to leave from either Austerlitz or Montparnasse IN Paris to get them
Old Jan 5th, 2014, 07:49 AM

There are no direct trains CDG to Toulouse but several with a simple change of trains in either Bordeaux or Lyon (or you can go into Paris via RER and transfer to Montparnasse for direct trains perhaps but this is far more cumbersome that a train to train transfer IME.
Old Jan 5th, 2014, 07:50 AM

no, there aren't. That isn't unusual, it's in the SW, not near any direct line from cdg. You can't get direct trains to many places in France from CDG, they are quite limited.

You can get a direct train from Paris Montparnasse station, though -- you could take the Air France bus right there, easy. The train from Montparnasse to Toulouse takes about 5 hrs.

Do you really want to go to Toulouse or not? YOu could go to Montpellier instead of trying to go from the other direction. They do have direct trains from CDG to Montpellier, but they take about 4 hrs. Then from Montpellier west and up to Limoux or Toulouse. Or, you go just go to Lyon or Avignon if you want a shorter trip from CDG.
Old Jan 5th, 2014, 08:27 AM
Original Poster

Thank you all for responding so quickly and confirming that there are no direct trains to Toulouse from CDG. We will think about how much additional travel we want to deal following the overnight flight into CDG.
Old Jan 5th, 2014, 08:44 AM

Received 12 Likes on 1 Post
Why not fly into Toulouse connecting in CDG or some other airport? That is my plan for my trip.
Old Jan 5th, 2014, 09:29 AM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
There are plenty of direct trains from Paris to Toulouse. You can take an Air France bus from CDG to Montparnasse and get right on a train to Toulouse.
Old Jan 6th, 2014, 02:43 AM

Option 1) Catch the every-15-minute RER express metro from the airport into central Paris. Then catch one of the regular Paris-Toulouse trains, either a 186mph TGV from Paris Montparnasse or a classic 125mph Intercité from Paris Austerlitz on the classic route via Limoges.

Option 2) Catch a TGV from CDG to Toulouse with 1 easy change at Lyon or Bordeaux, several departures through the day, www.capitainetrain.com
Old Jan 6th, 2014, 02:56 AM

Rather than jumping through hoops to catch a train, why not just fly direct from CDG to TLS?
Old Jan 6th, 2014, 04:03 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Why not remind some of the posters above to READ what you asked. The question was about direct trains FROM CDG, NOT Paris itself.
Old Jan 6th, 2014, 05:09 AM

Typically when I have gone to Toulouse, I've taken the TGV to Bordeaux from CDG, then picked up a rental car. You can take a TGV to Angouleme from Gare Montparnasse as well. The ride to Angouleme from Paris is about 2 hrs, 40 mins and Angouleme to TOulouse by car is about another 3 hours.
Old Jan 9th, 2014, 05:47 AM
Original Poster

Thanks again, everyone for your suggestions. Flying would be great but just too expensive, at least on Air France. EasyJet has a flight but it doesn't leave til 8 or 9PM and we land at 8AM.
If there are any other airlines that we should check please share, but so far the train looks like the best option.
Old Jan 10th, 2014, 04:48 PM

Received 12 Likes on 1 Post
I just checked Delta's airfares from JFK to Toulouse out on Sept. 17, return CDG to JFK on Oct 12 since I don't know your dates and home city. Fare is $1263. Fare round trip JFK-CDG-JFK on same dates is $1200. I'd be (and will) flying vs. the train.