Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Getting from Orly to CDG & airport near Perigueux

Feb 10th, 2014, 07:16 AM
Original Poster

Any suggestions on which airport in the Dordogne region to use to return to CDG.
It seems there are airports in Brive, Limoges, Bordeaux and Perigueux, yet I'm having trouble finding flights back to CDG. From Bordeaux, I can fly into Orly. To get toCDG from Orly the Air France buses sound like the take a long time.
What is the airport in the Dordogne which has the most flights to Paris?
If we have to fly into Orly, what is the quickest and easiest way to get to CDG? We will be a group of 6 people with many bags.
Thank you.
Feb 10th, 2014, 08:13 AM

If you are willing to drive to Limoges, there is the possibility of taking a train to Poitiers and then the TGV directly to CDG. From Brive-la-Gaillarde it means catching a 6 a.m. train to Limoges-->Poitiers-->CDG.
Feb 10th, 2014, 08:16 AM

And you could check to see if going to Bordeaux or Angoulême to catch the TGV might be more convenient, with no changes to CDG. Buy the tickets three months in advance and the price will be considerably lower than a flight.
Feb 10th, 2014, 10:00 AM

Have you checked out the airport in Bergerac? Or Toulouse? You can check all inter-France flights on www.whichbudget.com.

Does it have to be a flight? You can take a TER train from Périgueux to Bordeaux and then a TGV directly to CDG.
Feb 11th, 2014, 07:06 AM
Original Poster

Many thanks for these suggestions. Two of the people in the party are seniors who due to health reasons walk very slow and can't lift luggage easily. Would catching the train be hard for them?
Feb 11th, 2014, 08:47 AM

I think figuring out whether the train is hard for the seniors will depend on the gare you choose and the other logistics such as needing to return a car for instance. With 6 people you might be able to manage if you can drop them in front a get a porter to handle luggage. It seems to me though it only makes sense to take the train if you can go directly to CDG-not stopping in Paris and that probably means a fairly large city gare like Bordeaux which has a fair amount on walking.

Whichbudget.com and the Air France site show that Air France has 4-5 flights day from Bordeaux to CDG-which I would assume to be normal-is there a reason you can't take Air France?
Feb 11th, 2014, 08:52 AM

Yes, the seniors will need to be able to hustle and lift luggage (I've never seen a porter at a French train station) or ask for special assistance from SNCF, which provides excellent services. But sounds like a flight will work out best.
Feb 11th, 2014, 08:56 AM

We always fly from Toulouse. Six Air France flights daily to CDG.

Stu Dudley
Feb 11th, 2014, 08:59 AM

And five flights daily to CDG from Bordeaux.

Stu Dudley
Feb 12th, 2014, 05:48 AM
Original Poster

The air France web site did not show direct flights from Bordeaux to CDG. But then I called Air France and bingo, just as you pointed out there are direct flights which we have now booked. Thanks everyone for taking the time and the good information.
Feb 12th, 2014, 12:31 PM

Perfect-I think that will be a great solution for your group! Have a great trip-it is a lovely area.