Pubs and Laundrettes

Old Aug 22nd, 2003, 09:37 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pubs and Laundrettes

Hello. I will be in London 9/10-9/19. I will be staying at the London County Line Travel Inn....Can anyone help me with places to eat...that are reasonable....nothing fancy...names of pubs,etc. would be helpful...and laundrettes? What does one do? Would there be close by places to wash your clothes? Thanks for any suggestions.
Old Aug 22nd, 2003, 09:46 AM

I'm pretty sure you mean the County Hall Travel Inn.

There are many places to eat within a very short walk of County, you won't have any problems. And you usually won't eat that many meals near the hotel anyway - since you'll be out sightseeing or at the theatre you will be eating all over the city.

I'm not sure about a launderette since I have nevere looked for one in that area. other Fodorites may know because it is a very popular hotel. if not, the hotel desk staff can point you to one . . . .
Old Aug 22nd, 2003, 09:52 AM
Original Poster

You're right....County Hall....thanks...for your reply...Seems to be lots of places in that area...although I will be out and about most of the day...
Old Aug 22nd, 2003, 10:03 AM
ron

There is an All Bar One pub on Chichely Street between Belevedere Road and York Road, just around the corner from the Travel Inn. Its a modern chain pub/wine bar. There is an older, traditional pub on York Road that serves food, but not on weekends. And there is a McDonald's in the County Hall and a restaurant in the Travel Inn.
Old Aug 22nd, 2003, 10:11 AM
Original Poster

Thanks ron....I will skip the McDonalds though....