Harrington Hall or County Inn Travel Inn

May 17th, 2002, 06:44 PM
myra

Harrington Hall or County Inn Travel Inn

I have a choice of these two hotels I have never been to London. The difference in price is 10 pounds with breakfast included in the more expensive one Which should I choose? I am travelling with 2 children. Myra

May 17th, 2002, 06:47 PM
kate

Harrington Hall.
Great.safe neighborhood.Close to the Tube Station.lots of small neighborhood cafes,restaurants,markets.V&A very nearby.
Have stayed in this neighborhood many times, and love it.Harrington Hall used to be a favorite of flight attendants.

May 17th, 2002, 10:03 PM
janis

myra: Harrington Hall is in a nice area. But is your other choice the Country Inn, OR the County Hall Travel Inn? They are two different places.

IF it is the COUNTY HALL TRAVEL INN - you couldn't get a better location for "WOW" factor. It is right on the river (but without river views) across from Big Ben, next to the London Eye, walking distance to all these places: Westminster Abbey, Trafalgar Square, Tate Modern, the National Theatre, Queen Elizabeth Hall, the Globe, Waterloo train station, etc, etc.

May 18th, 2002, 03:12 AM
myra

It is the County Hall and it is near the London Eye and all the other sights you mentioned. Thanks Can you compare it with the other location? Are there restaurants and cafes nearby as Kate mentioned. I can always tube quickly to the sights but when coming back to the hotel it would be nice to be able to walk and have a bite to eat in the evening etc. Myra Thank you

May 18th, 2002, 05:30 AM
janis

There are LOTS of restaurants in just about ever part of London. The County Hall isn't in a "neighborhood" type area but there are many restaurants within a short walk. In fact there are 5 (if you count the ones inside the Marriott Hotel) in the very same bldg as the Travel Inn.

Because of its Fabulous location and cheap rates it is often totally booked up, though.