public transport sorrento - nerano

Old Mar 7th, 2017, 08:12 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
public transport sorrento - nerano

hi folks

from what I've gathered on the internet there IS a bus (operated by SITA) that runs from Sorrento to Nerano but the website just keeps crashing on me and I can't find any other sites that give details on how much and how often and where the bus leaves from and arrives at specifically...anyone got any ideas?!

Is there a water taxi?! I've only found ones that do the more major towns and cities so don't stop at smaller places like Nerano but I'd love to be corrected (especially as we'll actually be doing Naples - Nerano, found the two options for hydrofoil and metro del mare from Naples to Sorrento already)
Old Mar 8th, 2017, 05:24 AM

http://www.sitasudtrasporti.it/orari
load down Amalfi - Sorrento via Massa Lubrense

Metro del Mare doesn't run any longer
Old Mar 8th, 2017, 05:32 AM

We were on the AC some years ago in April with friends; we still laugh about the "schedule" of the SITA bus. But hey, it was a warm sunny day in Positano and we sat along the curb until we found a bench on which to more comfortably wait until it decided to come by. Let's just say we were told the schedule is 'loose' and while it is posted along the route, it'll eventually get there. We just needed a ride back to Sorrento from Positano, virtually the end of the route, which might explain the delay. Enjoy the gorgeous scenery, it's a fabulous destination.
Old Mar 8th, 2017, 05:39 AM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Are you actually arriving in Naples or Naples airport? If the airport, you would take the Curreri shuttle bus (10€) to Sorrento and then change to the Sita bus.

As pointed out, the Metro del Mare ceased to exist several years ago. In Sorrento, you catch the bus at the train station.
Old Mar 8th, 2017, 06:33 AM

There are SITA routes to Positano and short SITA routes just through some of the small villages around the end of the Sorrento Peninsula.

Go to rometoolkit.com
Choose Transport or transportation
Scroll down to Sorrento
Scroll down to two small lines for Time tables link
It is not the one for Sorrento Positano.
It is the second one, Sorrento Peninsular Villages SITA bus service

There will be time tables for several local routes, including the one for the SITA bus that goes to Nerano. It is clear to read. Think it is in blue, but you will see Nerano. It starts at the bus station in Piazza Tasso, Sorrento.

No boat service that I know of to Nerano.
Old Mar 8th, 2017, 06:57 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for this everyone - we're staying in Naples right by the Molo-Beverello because it looked initially like getting the hydrofoil to Sorrento might be the best/most reliable/most fun way to get there

Thanks so much for the links, really helpful as ever!