Search

Prague solo

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27th, 2002, 02:38 PM
kafkaesque

Prague solo

Any single women ought there who have visited Prague on their own? What were your experiences? I'm 50-ish, not particularly interested in clubbing, but in just about everything else.

Old Dec 27th, 2002, 02:45 PM
Leslie

I had a wonderful time in Prague on my own. Prague is a great walking city.

Old Dec 27th, 2002, 02:46 PM
Maira

Look/search on this forum for Leslie's post on her solo trip to Prague. One of the best reports posted on this forum on Prague (Neal's report also kicked ....), you'll enjoy it.

Old Dec 27th, 2002, 03:11 PM
Deb

I went to Prague alone and had a good time. Safe, easy to get around.

Old Dec 27th, 2002, 06:32 PM
Christina

Sure, I've done it twice and am your demographics. I travel a lot of places alone, so there wasn't anything unusual about it to me. It was no different than any other European country I've traveled to alone in terms of experiences, I guess. I just do whatever I want, don't think too much of it, but that pretty much means restaurants, theater, concerts, etc. I don't do clubbing, either, never did even when younger. Prague is a modern, Westernized city, nothing to worry about.

Old Dec 27th, 2002, 07:04 PM
sarah

<BR><BR>Last time I was in Prague - solo - I had no problems whatsoever. I walked, went to restaurants, the opera, took the metro and bus at night, etc. However, once when I asked the police for directions not far from Vaclavske Namesti, they cautioned me to be careful of pickpockets, etc. I thanked them for the directions and advice, and went on my way. I think the fact that I'm a &quot;little old lady&quot; makes me an unlikely target, but the police didn't seem to think so.

Old Dec 27th, 2002, 07:05 PM
Sarah

<BR><BR>I was in Prague in 1995 - maybe things are different now.

Old Dec 28th, 2002, 04:09 AM
Nutella

I'm also considering Prague, and solo. Can anyone help me find Leslie's and Neal's trip report? Thanks!

Old Jan 13th, 2003, 04:50 PM
kafkaesque

Thanks to all for the helpful comments. Very encouraging to hear from other solo travellers.

Old Jan 13th, 2003, 08:46 PM
Melissa

I went to Prague alone last year, and thanks to advice from Leslie Strauss, had a great time. Took a day tour with Sabina and Martina (mentioned a lot on this site), went to Laterna Magicka and a black light theatre, ran the marathon, and visited Karlovy Vary. Also went shopping, and ate at some wonderful places like Restaurace U Seminaristy and Cafe Universal. <BR><BR>I was lucky, I stayed in an apartment above Restaurace U Seminaristy and had 5 British guys for neighbors. They were a LOT of fun and added to my trip. I also met some Americans during the marathon and shared a meal with them, that was also wonderful.