Search

Prague/London in Feb.

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12th, 2009, 01:48 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Prague/London in Feb.

Hello Everyone!

My husband and I (27 & 29) will be traveling to Prague and London this Feb. I understand that it is last minute but I was wondering if anyone had suggestions/tips on our itinary.

Flights are set so we are unable to change them.
Flights -
Sat. 2/14: Arrive in Prague at 5:30 local time
Thurs. 2/19: Depart Prague at Noon arrive in London 1:30 Local time.
Sunday 2/22: Depart London 12:00 local time.

I have been told that sat - thurs in prague is 'too long to be in prague'. Do you agree?

Would you venture to another city - or use Prague as a home base and do a day trip or two?

Possible hotel in Prague: Hotel Cloister Inn https://secure.cloister-inn.com/inde...d=8&Lang=1

Open to any and all suggestions! THANKS
Old Jan 12th, 2009, 02:06 PM

Prague is indeed lovely but I often think that people just seeing Prague can miss out on so much the Czech Republic has to offer! It is a pretty country full of fairy tale castles, lovely scenery and interesting architecture and history.

Having said that basing in Prague is a great idea. There is plenty to do and see in Prague for many days. Although it is one of my favourite cities on the planet, I am not a city person so a few days is always plenty for me and I itch for the countryside. I personally would do a couple of day trips but not everyone would. I feel you get a more genuine and friendlier sense of the country by getting out of Prague.
Old Jan 12th, 2009, 02:50 PM

Received 21 Likes on 2 Posts
We arrived on a Saturday and left on a Thursday, albeit in May. Take a look at my trip report. Five nights is not too long a time to be in Prague. Have a great time.

Old Jan 12th, 2009, 05:30 PM

I don;t think that's too long in Prague at all - esp if you like music. Prague has an incredible number of choices - of all types - and usually very good quality at low prices. If you want you can do a day trip out to one of the castles - but in Feb the countryside won;t be much to look at.

And just be sure you're dressed warmly enough. While winters in London are usually moderate, Prague is on the central european plain - and winter is winter.
Old Jan 12th, 2009, 06:01 PM
Original Poster

Thanks to everyone for the info! I think we may stay put in the city and take an excursion or 2.

Does anyone have a preference if day trips?

Out of the castles if you had to choose between Karlstejn or Konopiste?

Has anyone taken the public bus to Terezin?