Prague in September

Search

Prague in September

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24th, 2009, 03:10 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Prague in September

I am tentatively planning a trip to Prague in late September for 5-6 days. I am interested in suggestions for hotels, centrally located where I would, as a single woman, feel comfortable walking to and from alone in the evenings. Would like to pay $100-$150 per night including VAT and breakfast. Any other suggestions also welcome.
Old Jul 24th, 2009, 04:10 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Hi; This doesn't answer your question, but you can find much information on this site. Click on the city and then 'instant'. Plus, you can find moderate priced hotels . Dick www.inyourpocket.com P.S I would also go to this reliable site and key in your dates. www.booking.com/prague Will also give you reviews for the hotels.
Old Jul 30th, 2009, 01:38 PM

Hello, I reccommend you to try Little Town Budget hotel (www.littletownhotel.com). They have single rooms for price around 50EUR per night or dormitory from 17EUR. The rooms are clean and nice, most of them have private kitchen. They dont offer breakfast, but right next to it is good restaurant and they have breakfast from 5EUR. Location is the best you can find, you open the window and see the Prague Castle (if you choose the right room). Because I visit Prague quite often and I travel alone too I would give you few tips for safe travel :
- before you get in the cap ask for the price
(From airport to Prague 1 it should not cost more than 600CZK)
- if you will be on the crowded places as public transport or around the Old Town clocks just watch your things
- dont change money on the street, the best is in the bank, there is lots of them on each corner
- dont trust stangers who catch you on the street and offer you some suvenirs or soo...
I think Prague is a save city with a lots of cultural things and magic places and all these safe trip tips are same for any destination. If you need any more advice for Prague dont hesitate to let me know. I just left Prague and I am full of new experiences. Good luck and safe journey.
also check www.pis.cz - All information about Prague - If you are lost, I think you can find them on Old Town square.
Old Jul 30th, 2009, 01:53 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Hi; We took the bus and managed very well. The bus stop is just outside the airplane terminal. The cost was very little. Dick
Old Aug 2nd, 2009, 06:25 PM

Two years ago I stayed at Pension U Lilie which is very close to the Charles Bridge - about a 2 minute walk! The accommodations are very basic, but comfortable, and I think would be well within your budget.

I felt very safe walking around, although there was an eerieness to walking alone on dimly lit cobblestone streets at night.
Old Aug 4th, 2009, 03:36 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for your tips. I am still making decisions and this is all very helpful.
Old Aug 10th, 2009, 03:48 PM

My daughter and I visited Prague last September and loved it. We felt very safe. We did take precautions in that we only changed money inside banks and were very watchful of our stuff and who was around us. We stayed in Residence Belehradska. Here is the Website http://www.b35.cz It's in Praha 2 and is just a short tram ride to Old Town. We paid $135 US per night. They also arranged the transfer from the Airport to the Pension. The people were very nice. It has internet access free and also washer and dryer.
Old Sep 9th, 2009, 04:47 AM

so, are you going to prague? i'll be there from sep 29th to oct 3rd. how are you btw?
Old Sep 9th, 2009, 04:49 AM

i wanted to ask: how old are you... but u can also tell me how you are...
Old Sep 9th, 2009, 07:32 AM

We have stayed at the Pension Dientzenhofer in Mala Strana, 5 minute walk to the Charles Bridge. We had a 2-room suite which costs $200 including breakfast. We love the location and the staff is very helpful. The only downside might be the street it is on can be lonely at night. We never felt unsafe but the first time we stayed there, there were 2 of us and this past Aug there were 4 of us.

You can read my trip report on Czech Republic if you like for names of restaurants, theaters, etc.
Old Sep 9th, 2009, 01:13 PM

Absolutely LOVE Prague. Read my trip report "Prague"
see why I stayed on the hill.
Old Sep 9th, 2009, 02:01 PM

We stayed at the Bishop's House -- less than 200 feet from the Charles Bridge on Mala Strana side and far less than $200 per night, with breakfast. There's certainly enough foot traffic on and near the Bridge at all hours.
Old Sep 11th, 2009, 12:36 AM

I'll stay at u semika.