Prague: Hilton or Marriott?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5th, 2008, 06:59 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello! I'm going to Prague with my husband for 5 or 6 nights in early May, and I was wondering if anyone has any advice as to which hotel to stay in Prague--the Hilton or the Marriott, both in the city proper.
Before anyone chides me for choosing two American chains, we are business travelers and have points at both, so our stay would be free...it's about the same number of points for either.
Any advice, esp. regarding which is in a location more central to the sights, would be much appreciated. Thanks!
Old Mar 5th, 2008, 07:06 AM

Without a doubt, stay at the Marriott. It is much closer to Old Town and other sites. Good location.
Old Mar 5th, 2008, 07:11 AM

We used Priceline to get the Prague Hilton....for like $60 per night!!! The ordinary rack rate is around 200 Euros per night...look at the difference over your stay! It is real, and it works, and there is no stigma, or bad room thing.

If you are not familiar with Priceline , you may want to use this as your first test...

The Hilton was absolutely comfortable, and although a little set back along the river/canal, it was only about a 8 min walk to the main square.

I am sure the Marriott will cost normal rates....in the E 200 range.

It is also a good hotel, but the money you save, for me the choice was very very easy.

To get comfortable, go to biddingfortravel.com and then scroll down the the line with Czech republic. You can see which hotels are being won for which price... and the Hilton is usually the one in the four star category.

Best, Rouss
Old Mar 5th, 2008, 08:47 AM

I'd choose the Marriot without question, if this is the big Hilton near the river. Someone in another post said Hilton bought the Marriott Renaissance near Powder Gate, and if that's the one, it's right next to the Marriott. The Renaissance is supposed to be real nice. The Hilton near the river is ugly as sin (on the outside, anyway) and an inconvenient location.
Old Mar 5th, 2008, 12:51 PM

Update: It does depend on which Hilton. The Hilton "Old Town" is directly across the street from the Marriott. We stayed there a couple of years ago when it was a Renaissance and enjoyed it. Just avoid the other Hilton.