Prague, Budapest, Vienna- weather

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3rd, 2011, 10:33 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My daughter and I are planning a trip to Praque, Budapest, and Vienna in Mid March. We're Florida girls and we're wondering how cold it will be and what to pack for a week. Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks.
Old Feb 3rd, 2011, 09:48 PM

Two weeks before your trip you can go to accuweather.com and get a 15-day forecast for each city. You can also go to this website and get historical forecasts:

http://www.myforecast.com/bin/climat...9&metric=false

March is an iffy month for weather--think March in the Midwest U.S. I was in Prague one March, and the week before I came and the week I left the temperature was sunny and in the upper 50s--low 60s. But the 10 days I was there it was snowy and windy and never got above 35 degrees.

I live in southern California, so I can empathize with two Floridians re cold weather. I don't have many cold weather clothes, so I dressed in layers. Make sure you bring comfortable walking shoes with thick cushioned soles. The cobblestone streets in Prague can be hard on your feet. If it's cold, bring a scarf and gloves also.

Have a great trip!
Old Feb 3rd, 2011, 10:10 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
We're planning a similar trip with my Hungarian friend this summer. Please let me know what your plans are so far, if you don't mind, since I'm at the beginning stages of my planning and am trying to figure out hotels, transport, etc.
Thanks!
SG
Old Feb 4th, 2011, 10:30 AM

Received 12 Likes on 1 Post
You're doing those 3 cities in one week?
Old Feb 4th, 2011, 04:54 PM

Assume the weather might be similar to what you would find in New York. You might get late winter (30s and snow) or early spring 50s and sunny. You won't know until the week before you go.
Old Feb 4th, 2011, 06:32 PM

Top priority would be a pair of Merrell or Vasque walking shoes. Resist the beginners mistake of buying your usual size and buy one half or even one size bigger. And get some synthetic socks to avoid blisters and fatigue. There is a lot of walking in Europe! Don't miss the Korso (cute shopping district) in old town Bratislava and the numerous bronze statues there, also fountains and charming architecture. Find alittle bakery and get some of the offbeat treats there that you can't find anywhere else, if you've not a sweet tooth, get the tomato topped flat rolls! Don't miss the coronation site of the Austrian Empress, St Martins cathedral, the Bratislava and Devin castles and the new shopping mall on the Danube.