Prague Airport Connection Time

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19th, 2004, 08:32 AM
Original Poster

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

I'll be changing planes at Prague, arriving from Vienna on a Saturday morning at 11:50 and leaving for JFK at 12:40. The booking agent says this is a "legal" connection on Czech Air, the airport is small (same terminal, same airline, no security re-screening), luggage will be checked through. Can someone confirm if this is truly doable? From the maps I see the airport is quite small, but would like a sanity check. Many thanks!
Old Aug 19th, 2004, 09:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I haven't connected there, but have flown in and out and think what your agent told you is true. It is a relatively small airport and given all the other things (same airline, no re-checking bags), I don't see why not -- assuming the first plane is on time of course.
Old Aug 19th, 2004, 09:01 AM

It probably doesn't hurt to ask if they would hold the connection for you in the event that your first flight is late.
Old Aug 19th, 2004, 09:15 AM

Yes, Prague Airport is very small. I can't comment that you will not have to go through security again before boarding the flight to JFK. However, from someone who travels a lot, every flight that I have ever taken since 911 that is entering the US has UNBELIEVABLE security measures.

For example, I flew Czech Airlines from Prague to Frankfurt last month. I went through security at Prague Airport, then went through security again at Frankfurt for flight (Lufthansa) to Newark. And when I mean security, I mean being patted down, having to take off my shoes, etc. VERY TOUGH SECURITY.
Old Aug 19th, 2004, 09:52 AM
Original Poster

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
Thank you all. I should also add my flight is a 46 seater from Vienna, so deplaning should in theory be quick. I'll keep my fingers crossed. I'd never try this at some place like CDG, but hoped that it was small enough to work in Prague, as it is the only flight home that day! Thanks!
Old Aug 19th, 2004, 09:57 AM

It seems like if you've booked the whole thing on Czech Airways, then they may wait for you. I once had a very nice experience with Swissair in which they rerouted my flights (Rome with stop in Geneva or Zurich, I can't remember, to NYC). They rerouted me from one city to another and then my connecting flight waited for me when my flight from Rome was delayed anyway. There were multiple passengers flying to NYC on the connecting flight though.