Prague

Old Dec 17th, 2008, 03:13 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Prague

Hello,

I am currently panning a trip to Prague and Vienna. I will be in Prague for 5 days for work but will not be able to tour the city due to the hours of the meetings. So my question is how many additional days/night should I stay in Prague to enjoy it to the fulliest? After that I am going ot head to Vienna, how many days will the city take?

Also should I replace Vienna with Budapest?

FYI- I'm a young active adult who will have the energy to tour non-stop everyday!

Thanks,
B
Old Dec 17th, 2008, 03:39 PM

More is always better, but realistically, if you keep on the move, you can see the essence, and quite a bit more, of both Prague and Vienna in three full days for each. Budapest in two.
Old Dec 17th, 2008, 04:56 PM

If you get a guide for 1/2 day, they can point you to the areas that you can revisit later. I think you can probably see most of Prague in two days. Of course this would not be the most ideal, but we saw quite a bit in 2 days.
Old Dec 17th, 2008, 05:13 PM

I think you need at least 3 days in Prague (esp if you're into the incredible music scene). I would also say that's a minimum for either Vienna or Budapest.

Frankly I prefer the latter, I always find Vienna a little triste - and Budapest much more lively. And that's a personal preference - perhaps since I've been to Vienna several times but Budapest only twice.
Old Dec 17th, 2008, 05:22 PM

We recently spent 3 days and 4 nights in both Prague and Vienna. We wish we'd had one more day in each place. If you're not much into museums, you probably wouldn't need the additional time.
Old Dec 18th, 2008, 10:58 AM

I'd vote Vienna rather than Budapest. Vienna has more "world class" stuff.
Old Dec 18th, 2008, 01:58 PM

Sweetie darling (you don't mind me calling you sweetie darling, do you sweetie darling?), you really should go to Restaurant David in Mala Strana (it is near the US Embassy) for some great food. If there is foie gras on the menu, ORDER IT.

If you like art, you absolutely must see the Sternberg Collection which is near the Castle Complex/St. Vitus. Marvelous, sweetie darling, absolutely marvelous.

The Mucha Museum is also a must, as is the Loreto Convent. All that Catholic loot, sweetie darling. No wonder Pope Benny can afford Prada shoes.

Happy Travels,
Thin Darling
Old Dec 18th, 2008, 04:24 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
bookmarking for Thins recs for sweetie darling which I will steal for my trip to Prague in 2 weeks.

Thanks Thin as ever...

Every time I see your posts now I keep thinking of the fur in the Denny's toilet. You just crack me up!

gruezi
Old Dec 18th, 2008, 06:10 PM

That is a true story about Muffy. Denny's was her favourite restaurant when we were young. We would go to all the clubs in Philly (Black Banana, Memphis, Revival) and then we would all pile into Muffy's mother's Mercedes and go to Denny's. Muffy always carried a loaded gun in her purse (a Fendi clutch) in case anyone at Denny's gave us trouble at 3 AM. She would order a cup of coffee and leave a $50 tip.

We had a friend, Brian, who called Muffy "Pippy Longstocking" and said she had a treasure chest full of gold and jewels in her bedroom. No, but she did have a chest full of vodka bottles and things that she stole from other people.

Muffy now lives on Lake Constance with her new husband. That will all end badly. Trust me.

Thin

Old Dec 19th, 2008, 12:29 AM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Thin,

I think you may be right about the Lake Constance thing, but I do hope it doesn't end badly...

You'll know after this winter I think. The weather has been exceptionally gray and gloomy here...

Sort of the kind of weather where a small pistol could be indiscriminately administered...

gruezi
Old Dec 19th, 2008, 01:19 AM

I have answerd your question on another forum ,but for others wanting info on Prague have a look at this website.
http://www.prague.net/the-royal-route
This first page is about the Royal Route in the city but there are lots of links to some great info about Prague.
I am hoping to get back there in April.
Old Dec 19th, 2008, 02:44 AM

go to cesky krumlov !