Positano - Le Sirenuse room advice

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2nd, 2012, 09:57 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We've decided we are going to pony up for Le Sirenuse on a trip to Amalfi. I've seen lots of discussions around the low cost rooms not being worth the price at the hotel. Given that the room prices are significant, I was interested in advice from people who have stayed there and their views on the various room types. Because I tend to enjoy kicking back on vacation I do want a room that is comfortable and definitely want the sea view.

When I read the website, the partial sea view rooms appear to be on the pool deck so my thought is these could be noisy and less private. Therefore, I think we're leaning towards a deluxe sea view but interested in people's thoughts (and whether a junior suite may be worth it since price diff not that great). thanks
Old Jul 2nd, 2012, 12:20 PM

Will be following this as we have a similar question. Also looking at Hotel Marincanto and Le Sireneuse for the next trip 2013...want to have that top notch experience and don't want to be disappointed with the room.
Old Jul 2nd, 2012, 12:25 PM

Last month a poster had posted in another topic, "At Le Sirenuse we stayed on fourth floor room 420 in a deluxe sea view also with a separate sitting area with terrace overlooking pool/terrace area. Both rooms were luxurious with awesome bathrooms and views. Hope this helps."

I had copied this a pasted it in my online file of information for a trip to Lake Como, Amalfi Coast and Capri that I hope to take in 2013. The other room they mentioned was at the Quisisana on Capri that I am also considering.
Old Jul 2nd, 2012, 01:25 PM
Original Poster

Thanks Delaine. We opted to pass on Capri this trip (too much moving) so we want the Le Sirenuse stay to be top notch. When we were thinking about Capri - we were going to save a little bit on that portion and found La Minerva which seems to be pretty reasonable (for Capri) and it gets great reviews and has the great looking "white rooms" with the blue tile. You may want to check it out.
Old Jul 2nd, 2012, 03:19 PM

Also check out HOTEL LUNA. It's only a few blocks away from Quisissana and has gorgeous rooms with a great view of the famous rocks of Capri. We stayed there several years ago, but didn't return for this latest visit ( got home two weeks ago).